gophigure

ios Date/Time Stamp in iOS

Idea

I have seen this topic discussed in older posts, but nothing recently. I have just started a process of daily logging for my job and can see the shortcuts for the D/T stamp on the PC, but has anything been done for the iOS app to give it that same functionality?

• Like 3

25 replies to this idea

Hi. Nothing as far as I know. I kind of doubt it will be coming anytime soon, if at all, but that's just my opinion.

They do need a little timestamp button. notebooks has one which is a fast note taking app. Evernote should compete

I, too, would obtain substantial additional value from Evernote if its iOS app allowed me to (at least) view both date and time stamps for notes from days before the current one. One benefit for me would include the ability to identify the time on a given date that I made an observation, participated in an event, and/or conducted an activity associated w/an Evernote note I created. Another would be having time of day as one category of metadata available to me while "manually" searching (through visual inspection of my Notes list during scrolling). Entering/modifying "Created" and/or "Updated" dates and times would also be useful to me from time to time, although viewing the time values would be much more valuable to me.

It is reasonable to expect that Evernote has multiple reasons to simplify their iOS implementation of their app relative to their desktop versions. However, I believe that they should no longer sacrifice both time-stamp metadata viewing and date/time-stamp metadata entering/modifying functionality to serve their simplification goals.

• Like 1

I agree with the previous writers and can't understand why it's not possible to see a time stamp on an iOS device.

Could anyone of the Evernote team get a quick answer to that and when it will be implemented or why it's not being implemented.

Hi all,

There seem to be two issues in this thread re: date and time.

1) Shortcut or button to insert a date and/or time

2) Ability to view time in addition to date of note creation and last edit

We appreciate the feedback, and we'll consider both of these for future releases.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Like 1

Please, PLEASE add this soon! I could even do this with the barbaric note app on BlackBerry! It was so efficient, I could log my time in seconds. Just type "ts" and it would drop in the time. ds = date stamp. tds = Time/Date stamp. This is not programmatically hard to do.

add me to the list. can't understand why it's not already implemented 

• Like 1

I use Evernote on iPhone iOS everyday to catalogue my site visits at work and is a very valuable asset for my colleagues and myself to keep on top of outstanding issues that need attention. However there is an issue that needs fixing to make this iOS app 100% for a lot of users. 
The detail on notes posted has no time stamp. For instance, I need to know the exact time the note was posted but all the info I get is 'created yesterday' and no time created/updated stamp. Android and pc/Mac app can do this!

Please can we have this option?

I can't believe it's been more than a year since official response and no progress yet... that's really disappointing. As a paid user I'm really starting to feel uncomfortable that customer voice is not reaching the management. Evernote is stagnating 

Agree with the shorthand option mention above...   ts and ds.   This sort of functionality could be used for tons of added functionality, especially on mobile devices where typing is constrained and button-space is premium.

2 hours ago, FullCircle6 said:

EverNote! Please respond.

The last response I read was  
 We appreciate the feedback, and we'll consider both of these for future releases.

No update so far, 
although
datestamp keyboard (eternal) shortcuts were implemented for the IOS platform

In addition to the keyboard shortcut, I use the FastEver app which includes a datestamp 

>>I'm about to move everything to OneNote

Good Bye, Good Luck

2 Years? 
I don't see how this is not a thing yet... 

'We appreciate the feedback, and we'll consider both of these for future releases.' - But probably not....

So basically tracking anything has to be done through a computer, That is not the best type of intergration.

I've asked for this several times ever since EN came on iOS.  Just a little icon along with the strip of text formatting controls (bold, italic, tick box  etc) would be perfect - from the date into anything you are typing.  Suitable date format could be varied in settings to suit nationality etc.  yes please again....

Untitled.png

Lol, Who cares?
Evernote has taken away so much value from their platform that I walked away from them about 6 months ago.

2 hours ago, Jarran Zen said:

I walked away from them about 6 months ago.

And yet, you're still here, posting in the user's forum.

A slow walker?

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

And yet, you're still here, posting in the user's forum.

?

As I update my notes, I put a time stamp in the Windows and Mac app therefore it would be great to be able to do the same while on the go with the IOS app.

It is a great way of monitoring progress as well as documentation history for anything time sensitive especially when managing projects.

Very needed functionality for sure.

It's not an evernote function (should be a button in the note window or accessed with a long-press) but it is an IOS function and can be accessed using an external keyboard only.

Use Shift-Cmd-D and Shift-Option-Cmd-D.

That's a workaround only and not possible using the onscreen keyboard.