Get a 'evernote:///' link on android

Thanks for your reply!

If you want a shortcut to a note,  you can tap the three dots on the toolbar and use "send to home screen" or you can add the note to your Evernote shortcuts.

Sorry, I want to get a 'evernote:///' link and not want to a shortcut.

Because I'm usually linking a associated note that like a draft note for blog and some document.

Additionally, I get a link and save to other apps (like todo apps).

I use a 'evernote://' link on any platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) in the same way.

So, I need a 'evernote:///' link.

in android's note view, tap and hold a note, and choose "copy note link". But I don't remember if this is present in Evernote 5.7 for Android, or just in 5.8 beta 2. But I found a bug...

I use Evernote 5.7 so I can't find that menu... ( I find a getting 'https' link  :-(

But it's a good news!

look forward to next update!

Hope no-one minds my chiming in, but on a related note...

I've had an issue with the Android version that I can't figure out if it's the app or android. When I try to paste a link into one of my posts on the forum, it always pastes in the very beginning of a post, no matter where I'm trying to put it. For example, say I want to paste a link directly below this paragraph and am pressing the screen exactly where I want it to appear, it will still show up before the first letter if the first word in my text. I end up having to type it out if I want it elsewhere.

Does anyone else experience this? And know how to fix it?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 3 with what I *think* is the latest android IOS, and have the current Evernote loaded. The phone is only a couple months old and I rely on the auto-updating features for Android & Evernote.

Wordsgood

• Level 5*

Hope no-one minds my chiming in, but on a related note...

I've had an issue with the Android version that I can't figure out if it's the app or android. When I try to paste a link into one of my posts on the forum, it always pastes in the very beginning of a post, no matter where I'm trying to put it. For example, say I want to paste a link directly below this paragraph and am pressing the screen exactly where I want it to appear, it will still show up before the first letter if the first word in my text. I end up having to type it out if I want it elsewhere.

Does anyone else experience this? And know how to fix it?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 3 with what I *think* is the latest android IOS, and have the current Evernote loaded. The phone is only a couple months old and I rely on the auto-updating features for Android & Evernote.

Wordsgood

Any forum posts are managed by separate software,  not Evernote so I don't have any major suggestions there - the Android app version is in > Settings > Support if you need it..

• 5 months later...

Hi. Resurrecting this thread with a new, but related question.

I just discovered today that the Copy Note Link function in Android seems to be gone. Previously you did a Long Press on a closed noted and it would bring up a Menu of options, including Copy Note Link and Copy URL Address.

Now when I Long Press on a closed note, the only choices that come up are:

* Edit

* Change Date

* Clear Reminder

When I opened a note, I looked through the menus that the three vertical dots and the big + (plus sign) bring up, and their is not a Copy Note Link in either.

Several other menu items are also missing from the Long Press menu as well. So I tapped on the Share icon at the top of the note - icon resembles a large V on it's side with the tip pointing left - and it brought up a large menu. I assume it contains missing menu items from the Long Press function. However, I still can't find a Copy Note Link option. The closest I could find was Copy URL.

Is this now the only way to have Note Links between various notes? And if so, is the an option I'm missing that would allow me to automatically copy as an internal, Classic Note Link, as opposed to having to manually fix every one I create from this point on? (As you can do on Windows and Mac.)

Any help would be most appreciated. My searches of both the forum and th EN Knowledge Base didn't turn up anything that seems to address this issue.

Cheers! ☺

• Level 5*

When I long press a closed note in the list view I get 

• Edit
  • Add Reminder
  • Email a copy
  • Copy Note Link
  • Add to Home Screen
  • Tag
  • Duplicate
  • Move to Notebook
  • Delete

Whom did you offend?

Seriously check your Android and Evernote versions - I'm on Android 4.3 and Evernote 5.9 Beta 6.  (My signature might be lying unless I got around to changing it already...)

I think it's been set to auto-update since I installed it...

I feel silly asking, but how do I check which version I have?

When I long press a closed note in the list view I get

• Edit
  • Add Reminder
  • Email a copy
  • Copy Note Link
  • Add to Home Screen
  • Tag
  • Duplicate
  • Move to Notebook
  • Delete
Whom did you offend?

Seriously check your Android and Evernote versions - I'm on Android 4.3 and Evernote 5.9 Beta 6. (My signature might be lying unless I got around to changing it already...)

• Level 5*

No problem...

Android version is Phone > Settings > More.. >About Device (you may or may not have a 'more...' option) depending on the version.

Evernote is Evernote > (three dots) > Settings > Support

Okay, I found it. Version 5.8.5 - not that it matters now....as of just this morning, it's back to behaving normally! All menu items are in correct menue. All menus are where that belong.....ack, maybe my phone is possessed!

• 6 months later...
  • Level 5*

I'm confused.  (Not an unusual situation...)  The classic evernote:// links (I thought) were a direct link to the notes stored on a local hard drive.  As such,  you need access to that permanent storage to display the notes.  There was a big fuss when the 'classic' links were apparently replaced by https:// links which led to a web page,  though Evernote explained that the actual link you get from 'copy note link' is to the UID of that note.  If you're on the computer that holds the notes,  you'll get a note.  If you're anywhere else,  you get a web page.  All that's been further complicated now by Work Chat,  whereby under 'share' in Android you have the option of obtaining a public link.

Long pressing notes no longer works.  My Android currently shows a number of options under the menu dots - the ones relevant to this are 'Email a copy' and 'Share'.  Email does exactly what it says on the can.  Share has two options - share note,  or share public link.  This is on 6.4 Beta so if you haven't seen this yet,  you will soon.

A public link is the https:// option,  but there's "no longer" any access to evernote:// links (on Android) but - I didn't realise that there was ever access to local note links,  and I don't understand how they ever worked,  because there's no local storage on an android - how could a link to a local note ever show a copy of that note?

Like I said.  I'm confused...

The "evernote://" link is not a direct link to a hard copy. It uses a URI scheme to find the relevant note. URI links are what enable your android to open a link directly with the Play Store app and such.  So if you follow a link which is hyperlinked to an "evernote://" address on an android phone, provided that the Evernote app is installed, it should open the linked note in the app in the same way it would on a mac. So weirdly these links are likely what makes the evernote links in the android app work anyway, which is why it's unusual that Evernote are keeping them hidden from us!

I just want a way to be able to copy the "evernote://" link in the android app so I can take advantage of this feature when I'm on my phone. (I like to link to my notes from Google Docs + Remember The Milk.)

But I'm gonna assume that this feature doesn't exist. It's either an oversight on Evernote's part, or they have some other agenda at play. It's a little bit annoying but not a huge deal.

Archived