Mac and Windows share database

walmartman

Idea

Question: Can Mac and Windows share same EN database?

Background:  I've got Windows 7 and OS X Mountain Lion installed on my laptop (hackintosh).  I'm mainly a PC guy, but I'm trying to use OS X more for development and getting use to cross-platform stuff.  It's worked out great as I can still access my Windows drives (windows partition and secondary harddrive) from the Mac side so a lot of stuff is shared like my Google Docs, Dropbox, and Copy folders.  This means every time I log in to Windows or Mac I don't have to wait for some big sync operation.  I would like to do this for EN as well mainly so that I can access my local notebooks in either my windows environment or mac side.  I know that there are some issues with changing the location of the database for EN on the Mac, but before I even tried that, I wanted to know if it was possible.

thanks.

3 replies to this idea

Background:  I've got Windows 7 and OS X Mountain Lion installed on my laptop (hackintosh).  I'm mainly a PC guy, but I'm trying to use OS X more for development and getting use to cross-platform stuff.  It's worked out great as I can still access my Windows drives (windows partition and secondary harddrive) from the Mac side so a lot of stuff is shared like my Google Docs, Dropbox, and Copy folders.  This means every time I log in to Windows or Mac I don't have to wait for some big sync operation.  I would like to do this for EN as well mainly so that I can access my local notebooks in either my windows environment or mac side.  I know that there are some issues with changing the location of the database for EN on the Mac, but before I even tried that, I wanted to know if it was possible.

thanks.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

• Level 5*

thanks.

As far as I know, impossible. They store their data differently, for one thing.

As far as I know, impossible. They store their data differently, for one thing.

That's what it appeared like to me when I was looking in Finder.  However I'm still getting use to the Mac way of doing things, so I wasn't sure if I was looking in the right place.  

thanks for the quick replies!

Archived