Forum search

I'm having trouble finding things. On my iPad, I did a goggle search for 

evernote scansnap s1300

and the first (no ad) hit was an Evernote discussion "scansnap s1300 profile setup"

Back at my mac later I searched the forum, using the forum radio button in search, for 

scansnap s1300

and the forum didn't turn up the same thread.

The google search on the forums works, but I really don't like that format.

So, what did I do wrong, and what else am I missing??

I'm having trouble finding things. On my iPad, I did a goggle search for

evernote scansnap s1300
and the first (no ad) hit was an Evernote discussion "scansnap s1300 profile setup"

Back at my mac later I searched the forum, using the forum radio button in search, for

scansnap s1300

I don't know why, but the message board software search is not very good. (This message board, like most others, is a package. It's not written by/for Evernote). Using the Google "site search" (the default) is very good b/c it's powered by Google. I think the format is nice & it opens any link you click in a new window and/or you can return to the first window & view other results. If you don't like that format, you can simply go directly to Google & use it the traditional way.

• Level 5

The forum search issue has been raised several times by other forum users.

Even with the default forum setting for Google, the results are still questionable at best.

I have found the better alternatives are to:

1.) Visit this forum regularly, capture relevant and interesting notes direct to my Evernote program for fast retrieval

2.) Go to the Google.com on the web and search - the results will be more consistent and in a larger viewing area.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess Google as an external search engine is the way to go. 

@jbenson2 - I'm doing that , though not sure I'll be that regular a visitor - it's more a matter of solving my problems then moving on until I hit another issue with the way evernote works. Probably tomorrow if my xerox 1300s turns up  :)

• 1 month later...

I use the Google.com search with "site:" prefacing the forum URL. As mentioned by others, the forum search here is deficient and the Google site search for the forum doesn’t show the date. I can't handle the search without a date showing. Invariably I click on the first few results that sound relevant and discover that the post is for an older version of Evernote and is no longer useful. It's a shame because the forum has a lot of good information and I know that a lot of users don’t know how to search the forum directly from Google.com.

Jim

Archived