szipper

windows 8 (Archived) Skipping to bottom of notes in Evernote for Surface

I've been using Evernote on a Microsoft Surface 2 for about 3 weeks now, and have had a consistent problem with the carriage returns on the bottom of the note. For example, if I'm typing a note and pause for a few seconds, my cursor will automatically go to the very bottom of whatever note I'm working in, and it skips a line as though 'Enter' gets hit once. This will repeat ~every 10 seconds until I manually go back up to wherever I was typing, and make sure to type rapidly enough so that I don't get sent back to the bottom. It's an annoying feature... Anyone else had this issue/figured out a way around it? Evernote on my Mac Laptop and Windows Desktop are still working normally, as always.

Thanks,

-sam

Is there any other note-taking software you can open on the Surface to see whether this is an Evernote-only issue?  Sounds like the display is getting a random 'kick' from something to jump down a line,  but that's as likely to be a hardware glitch as an app-related one.  If you're sure Evernote is the cause then I'd say submit a support request (see below) - there have been various problems with the RT app,  though no-one has reported this problem (AFAIK);  there's an ongoing review so your ticket might be useful input.

I'm messing around with OneNote right now, and it doesn't seem to be having the same issue. I'll put in a support request as you recommended. Thanks for the thought!

similar thing happening with me.

when i pause, the note goes back to the top. but when i try and write, it starts writing at the bottom. 

this is fine if it's a note, but not when editing an essay.

When I contacted support they recommended uninstalling and re-installing Evernote Touch; when I did that, it corrected this problem, but started another (notes would not sync without program crashing). So, I uninstalled and reinstalled it again, and everything seems to be working now. Wish I could provide a more helpful solution...

• Like 1