Use PDF Title as note Title

Bram Heerink

• 3 years later...

hi, 

i would like to take the pdf's filename (taken from the url) as the note's title. 

it is very annoying that i have to manually select the url's filename-part, copy it and then insert it in the notetite field in webclipper. this makes more sense for me than naming the note after the domainname, the way webclipper is doing it (e.g. "PDF - evernote.com"). so webclipper truely is able to get the whole url, then is should be possible to take only the filename-part (using some regex magic or sth.). 

i understand that getting pdf's meta information or title description could be hard to get, but the filename of the pdf is even better then naming after the domainname.

best regards
diemo

clippdftest.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 24.4.2017 at 2:29 PM, diemopfeiffer said:

hi, 

i would like to take the pdf's filename (taken from the url) as the note's title. 

it is very annoying that i have to manually select the url's filename-part, copy it and then insert it in the notetite field in webclipper. this makes more sense for me than naming the note after the domainname, the way webclipper is doing it (e.g. "PDF - evernote.com"). so webclipper truely is able to get the whole url, then is should be possible to take only the filename-part (using some regex magic or sth.). 

i understand that getting pdf's meta information or title description could be hard to get, but the filename of the pdf is even better then naming after the domainname.

best regards
diemo

clippdftest.jpg

i want to request the described feature for further development. a better naming for clipped pdf-notes could be possible. 

at least, i expected an answer or a comment to my post from an evernote member, or is this the wrong forum for my feature request? 

cu
diemo

Archived