(Archived) Evernote for Windows 5.2.0 Beta 1

dlu

:D

Ok, very quick observations:

- Seems to load the markup window much quicker than I recall.

Issues:

- Markup opens automatically on clipping a screenshot. I don't believe it should do this? There is a setting now, see below :)

- Crop/Resize only allows crop for me.

Markup does open after screenshots. Under Tools >> Options >> Clipping (tab) there's an option to turn that off. Oh, and if you feel like Clipper Preferences used to be somewhere else, you're right! We moved Clipping into the Options dialog

• Level 5*

Some nice stuff in this. The image rotation (that *is* new to this version, right?) will make some folks happy.

Just want to report a minor glitch, probably not a problem for many people, but still. I have a couple of stacks that have the same name as a contained notebook (e.g. I have a stack named 'Work' that contains a notebook called 'Work') if I draw the Work notebook up into shortcuts, the shortcut created has the notebook icon, but is actually the Work stack (you can open it up, etc.).

Thanks!

Markup does open after screenshots. Under Tools >> Options >> Clipping (tab) there's an option to turn that off. Oh, and if you feel like Clipper Preferences used to be somewhere else, you're right! We moved Clipping into the Options dialog

Ah, got it. Thanks :)

I guess this was one of those "design tweaks" :D

An issue I have had with the Windows Client for a little while. I believe it has come up before, just want to bring it up again. :P

"+1" searches. The Windows client seems to ignore these searches, making some more advanced searches not possible. Can this be noted/looked into?

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/48c2672f-b47d-4790-b828-9a3ecc26ee89/8e89b67db5e3f8a2d71330d4492f20d0

• Level 5*

It would be nice to untangle the conflicting hotkeys between Evernote and Skitch. Ctrl+Shift+B and Ctrl+Shift+C work to add bullet lists and checkboxes in the editor, so long as Skitch is not enabled. If Skitch is around, then they don't work. Thanks.

Great Beta! Markup and Screenshot is very "smooth". And if resizing works in the future you will get a lot of happy users with the new version! :-)

Yes, I cannot wait to be able to resize my images easily from within Evernote.

Unfortunately Markup right now just lets me crop, not resize. :-(

Thanks for returning the markup option.

Thanks also for the info on the option to turn the auto open on a screen shot off.

For the future, when I move the mouse over an image, the mark up indicator appears. It's in the right click menu, I could do without the constant auto appearance.

Regards,

Gary

• Level 5*

Hello,

When I want to click the Tag which comes up in the (main) search box it doesn't bring that note, infact nothing happens. Do you experience the same? was it reported?

Win 8 / EN newest beta

If I understand this correctly:

If there's a light blue tag label in the search control, then that means that you're already filtering using that tag, so clicking on it doesn't do anything. You can hover over it until you see an 'x' icon appear, and when you click on that, it should remove that tag from the current filter.

Hello,

When I want to click the Tag which comes up in the (main) search box it doesn't bring that note, infact nothing happens. Do you experience the same? was it reported?

Win 8 / EN newest beta

If I understand this correctly:

If there's a light blue tag label in the search control, then that means that you're already filtering using that tag, so clicking on it doesn't do anything. You can hover over it until you see an 'x' icon appear, and when you click on that, it should remove that tag from the current filter.

Jefito, thank you for answering.

Light blue label appears above the list of the notes. I am talking here about the search box which I have on my right/top. The good thing about that search box is that it finds the tags which have some word in it, not necessarily starting with that word (like the light blue search above the notes for tags only which only shows the tags which start on certain word) so when I put the word in that main / top-right search box it shows me tags which have that word, but then when I click on the tag it doesn't show me the notes with that tag which I think should be expected activity, or I am doing something wrong?

• Level 5*

Light blue label appears above the list of the notes. I am talking here about the search box which I have on my right/top. The good thing about that search box is that it finds the tags which have some word in it, not necessarily starting with that word (like the light blue search above the notes for tags only which only shows the tags which start on certain word) so when I put the word in that main / top-right search box it shows me tags which have that word, but then when I click on the tag it doesn't show me the notes with that tag which I think should be expected activity, or I am doing something wrong?

Still not sure that I what you're trying to do this correctly. Maybe if you provided a screen shot, it might become clearer. Thanks.
  • Level 5*

One issue that I noticed recently: A checkbox can be selected normal text selection, and deleted via the Del key. But you cannot copy/pasted it, which is a change from earlier versions (I have used this a fair amount in the past).

One issue that I noticed recently: A checkbox can be selected normal text selection, and deleted via the Del key. But you cannot copy/pasted it, which is a change from earlier versions (I have used this a fair amount in the past).

Ok

http://imgur.com/SJFubSf

On the picture you can see "k.workshop" tag has 2 notes. But if I click on that it doesn't show me these two notes. 

I have to write manually "k.workshop" in the tag search window (this blue light above notes list) to find these notes.

This is a bug or ?

• Level 5*

Ok

On the picture you can see "k.workshop" tag has 2 notes. But if I click on that it doesn't show me these two notes. 

I have to write manually "k.workshop" in the tag search window (this blue light above notes list) to find these notes.

This is a bug or ?

Great, thanks. Got it, I think. You need click on the magnifying glass, and select "Search Current Context". I don't understand why picking that in the default setting ("Search All Notes") doesn't work; it's pretty counter-intuitive that nothing happens. On the other hand, I never use "Search All Notes" anyways, so it doesn't bother me (and that's why it didn't occur to me earlier), but this seems like a behavior that needs to be addressed.

Ok

This is a bug or ?

Great, thanks. Got it, I think. You need click on the magnifying glass, and select "Search Current Context". I don't understand why picking that in the default setting ("Search All Notes") doesn't work; it's pretty counter-intuitive that nothing happens. On the other hand, I never use "Search All Notes" anyways, so it doesn't bother me (and that's why it didn't occur to me earlier), but this seems like a behavior that needs to be addressed.

Yes now it works, thanks!

Hello

Perhaps no need for confirmation but the markup option only allows crop and not resize for me too.

I would prefer if the two tools were separate

I haven't seen rotate but that would be good too

Also if zooming in on a screen in markup, the vertical and horizontal sliders are not present ...

Thanks

PS I assume then that skitch will be phased out !?

Another thing: when you crop an image, sometimes you had to then slide it back onto the note when the dimensions changed.

Can't do that ... the tab on the bottom to grab and slide isnt there

Also cant seem to copy and paste an image sometimes in a note.

Looking forward to resize again, though many thanks for putting the basic markup back in

• Level 5*

I haven't seen rotate but that would be good too

You can rotate an image right in the Evernote editor now; right-click on an image and you should see two Rotate Image commands.
  • Level 5*

Reminder: the date search terms ('created', 'updated', 'subjectDate', 'reminderTime') are still producing incorrect searches when their datetime specifier uses a '+' (as opposed to a '-'). For example: reminderTime:day+7 produces a search that (according to the search explanation) contain words beginning with '7' with advanced filters "reminderTime:day".

Just want to throw out a compliment.  

The skitch integration has always been a bit flaky, and was gone on the last version, but so far this beta seems to nail it!

Nice Work!

I love the ability to start an arrow outside of the image and have the canvas auto expand!  Nice implementation.

• Level 5*

Relevant to this topic: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53072-how-do-i-search-for-a-tag-in-a-notebook/, it would be great to nail down some of the inconsistencies between the search explanation panel and the Search panel directly above it. At the very least, it would be helpful to add the various global contexts, like "All Notes" and "All My Notes" as selectable items in the dropdown from the search panel, just as they are in the search explanation panel.

In addition, I renew my plea to remove duplicate tags names (which result from having the same tag names in both the local and a shared account) from the search UI. If I search on such a tag, I get duplicate identical (and indistinguishable) tags in the search panel and the search control in the toolbar. Moreover, you cannot remove these tag filters by clicking on the 'x' of one of the duplicates in either the search control or the search panel, as you can with a non-duplicate tag. If tag search ignores the source account of the tag (and I think it should; tags are just labels after all), then the duplicates are unnecessary and confusing, and operate differently than the normal non-duplicate case. If a tag's source account if important for tag search, then please make them independent and distinguishable so that the user can treat them as independent entities. 

Thanks.

If I do a screen capture and then markup the image, when I return to evernote, it seems to mess up the location of the image within the canvas.

IE in evernote my image is pushed to the lower left side and cut off.

It looks fine while editing in skitch.

If I save the image from evernote, it is also the cut off image.  So to save the image I have to screen capture the skitch window.

If I do a screen capture and then markup the image, when I return to evernote, it seems to mess up the location of the image within the canvas.

IE in evernote my image is pushed to the lower left side and cut off.

It looks fine while editing in skitch.

If I save the image from evernote, it is also the cut off image.  So to save the image I have to screen capture the skitch window.

That sounds unusual. I don't see the same thing, I think I may be following your steps incorrectly. Could you possible take a few screenshots of the result? I know taking screenshots of screenshots is going to look a bit weird

One screen shot is from evernote, one is from skitch.

It does the same thing for every image now.  I am pretty sure it wasn't doing it earlier.

This is interesting, If I Ctrl-drag the image around in skitch it displays as cropped and when I let go of it, it shows the full extents again.

Also If I create the note in Skitch (outside of Evernote) it looks fine and once I Markup the image in evernotes internal skitch window, it crops it)

Still gets more weird....  If I Pixelate a section of a messed up image, then it will expand some extra canvas space (seemingly outside the area that I am pixelating) and then the image is fixed.

I do remember trying the pixelate function at one point.

I wasn't able to make another bad image after fixing one.

post-58927-0-10628800-1391728339_thumb.p

post-58927-0-31453400-1391728417_thumb.p

Archived