Evernote upgrades make sync four times faster

• Level 5

It's great to see Phil Libin return.

The transparency he offers in both his blog post and the tech blog is a refreshing change in Evernote's communication with their customers.  Well done for both the sync improvement and the open sense of dialog.

I'd be interested in if any of our community members with exceedingly large accounts have seen marked improvement.  Business syncs have become significantly faster for us internally, which has been a very welcome improvement.

• Level 5

Because I keep Evernote running all day, I don't notice the sync time in the background.

But there is one place I have seen a big improvement and that is when I switch to my main account (30,000 notes) to my secondary account (200 notes). The sync happens in either direction almost instantly.

I think it's very good and important that sync has been improved.

I am curious what EN means with “important capabilities that you’ll see later this year”! I hope that there will be a sort of automatic syncing: Changing a note on one device will automatically change the notes on all other devices connected at the moment without having to sync manually or by a time interval...

• Level 5

I am curious what EN means with “important capabilities that you’ll see later this year”! I hope that there will be a sort of automatic syncing: Changing a note on one device will automatically change the notes on all other devices connected at the moment without having to sync manually or by a time interval...

Interesting suggestion. It might be in the works, but Evernote is secretive on their new features.

Google Keep does this already. If I add a note on my desktop, it shows up on my smart phone automatically - no need to remember to sync up to the cloud and then to sync back down again to my mobile.

If they go down this road, I expect there will be some battles over how quickly an instant sync really is. Especially  when one is dealing with internet lags, wifi, weak signals from mobile towers, and the cloud on a worldwide basis.

• Level 5*

I installed Evernote on a new Mac today, my account isn't that big, only about 5gb but download seemed quicker than on a previous machine rebuild a few weeks ago. New machine has more RAM and an SSD so it's difficult to really quantify where the boost came from.

Archived