Premium account chucked back to Free one

You pay to renew, you get the confirmation and they switch you off anyway.

I'd not mention this here because it's plainly a mistake and these things happen, but I got no response at all from my reply to Evernote's email telling me my account was reverting to free. I've since emailed support directly and got an automated acknowledgement. But I've had no answer yet and I can't use the online support -

- because allegedly I'm not a Premium user.

I do understand that people who pay get a quicker response but that's the aggravating problem: I have paid!

It's three days now and, of course, I had been planning to upload a lot of documents this weekend. I read a novel instead, so.

William

Hi,

Do you have a ticket number? That is a confirmation that the ticket went through. If you could post it here, your post can be flagged for passing EN Staff.

Any extra information about how it was paid etc. would be helpful (No personal info of course) so that EN could perhaps track down why you were reverted after paying.

Scott

Thanks. I got a ticket after a second email: that's #323718 and I paid via the Mac App Store on 24/1/14. I've got the receipt with a timestamp of 19:01.

You have to wonder if it's the Mac App Store, but I was prompted to pay that way by the Evernote Mac client which thereafter stopped bugging me to renew. I did notice that the iPhone and iPad Evernote apps both continued to prompt me but I'm afraid I just thought that was a bad advert for your syncing.

I said this in the email and I mean it: Evernote is a tremendous service but when it goes wrong, it splats. So very, very annoying to have hesitated about renewing and then decided to because I needed to do a lot of scans. I'm sure it'll be sorted and I'll get Premium back but I presume I'll get back these days and I'd appreciate a few more for the chasing I'm having to do.

Can you look at a grace period for support requests from people who appear to have ceased to be Premium users? When it goes wrong like this, this is when you want to get the quicker support you've paid for. 

Thanks for your help,

William

I have flagged the post so that the admins here can see it. Hopefully they will take a look and be able to get you sorted.

As merely a forum user, I can only comment on what I see here and it seems to me that there can be troubles with payments via app stores (the apple one in particular)

There have been a few cases where people have paid and a receipt gets sent, yet the account does not change. I don't know if this is the case here or not with the app store, or where the issue lies, but typically EN are able to sort things out.

There have been a few cases where people have paid and a receipt gets sent, yet the account does not change. I don't know if this is the case here or not with the app store, or where the issue lies, but typically EN are able to sort things out.

I'm sure. And, as I say, I wouldn't bring it up if it had been looked at but to get that email on Saturday morning while I was looking at a stack of papers to scan, it was annoying. I think it's quite funny that if they hadn't done this to my account, I would have been able to get them to fix what they did to my account without waiting three days. Three days so far and quite funny, to an extent.

Sorry about this--we also (quite) definitely prefer an automatic, seamless transaction experience so that you can go about your business as usual.  However! You should now be set up appropriately.

Can you look at a grace period for support requests from people who appear to have ceased to be Premium users? When it goes wrong like this, this is when you want to get the quicker support you've paid for. 

We do conduct a regular queue search that finds keywords for problem transactions and alerts the team.  This is imperfect, however--occasionally someone slips through.

Archived