(Archived) restoring dilemma... any advice welcome

penman

Hi,

I have an andriod device running evernote (free version).

Most of my notes are kept there and then when I am at my desktop PC I can sync to the same version on my andriod.

Today, I logged onto my PC, but I believe I had no internet connection at that time, so it was not synced to the latest andriod version files.

I add some notes to a particular file on the PC version, which was at the time the older verion than was on my andriod.

I think during this time the internet connection came back.

I then checked my Andriod device and noticed the file had changed.

It was no longer the one with the notes I made over the last day or so,

but it was the older one from the PC plus the new few lines of text I added!

Is there any way I could get access to the "older" version on the Andriod (which has the majority of the newer notes).

Hope that makes sense!

Any advice most welcome,

Thanks guys.

Hi,

I have an andriod device running evernote (free version).

Most of my notes are kept there and then when I am at my desktop PC I can sync to the same version on my andriod.

Today, I logged onto my PC, but I believe I had no internet connection at that time, so it was not synced to the latest andriod version files.

I add some notes to a particular file on the PC version, which was at the time the older verion than was on my andriod.

I think during this time the internet connection came back.

I then checked my Andriod device and noticed the file had changed.

It was no longer the one with the notes I made over the last day or so,

but it was the older one from the PC plus the new few lines of text I added!

Is there any way I could get access to the "older" version on the Andriod (which has the majority of the newer notes).

Hope that makes sense!

Any advice most welcome,

Thanks guys.

First, with a free account, no, your notes are not stored on your mobile device.  The exception is if they were recently created on the mobile device or recently called up on the mobile device & therefore (may) remain in the cache.  Sync'ing a mobile device only sync's the header info.  In order to have the full note(s) on your device, you would need to have a premium account & the note(s) would need to reside in a notebook that you have designated for offline use & sync'd.

Second, you should fully understand how the sync'ing process works. 

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

Third, premium users have access to note history.  Note history is taken once every about eight hours.  If you think a good version of your note was on the EN servers for at least eight hours & therefore probably created a note history, you can upgrade to premium to get the note history.  You can upgrade to premium for a single month, which will set you back the goodly sum of $5. 

(To clarify, 'goodly sum' is sarcasm - being proactive about potential flames regarding how this should be 'free'.  Hopefully, I'm doing this needlessly.)

When you edit an older version of a note in EN Windows and sync it back to a newer (already synced) version to Android then you get a "Conflicts" notebook in your Windows(!)-Client which contains the note that is overwritten. No information is lost in such a case and there is no need to use the history-function.

Archived