Cropping an image within Evernote distorts it

Took two photos with Evernote into a new note, then opened each to crop them. The images were of a store loyalty card on a black background. I cropped them down to only show the card, and when I hit the "crop image", the image was distorted into a trapezoidal shape. Wound up editing them in iPad Photos app, then deleting the ones in the note and adding them back from the camera roll.

Before anyone tells me to submit a problem report: I gave up after submitting 4-5 reports and being told each time "remove and reinstall", even when this clearly was not the next logical debugging step. As manager of a mission critical software development firm, I conscientiously object to these auto-responses that have me go through a lengthy and inefficient process of removing, reinstalling, and above all re-syncing my database of notes for nothing. Evernote quality control – you really ought to read these posts, create internal problem reports and look for patterns. Developers – you really ought to do more testing – especially regression testing. Designers – Don't make such radical changes to the user interface so often.

Done ranting; I hope Phil's recent commitment to better quality takes hold.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the same issue. I gave up on cropping photos for personal use but now stepping into using evernote for professional use and cannot avoid this function. The image I am cropping I would like to use as a banner and after a simple crop I have blurred lines. :|

Any one ? 

On December 23, 2015 at 0:53 PM, º Jiłle • said:

I am having the same issue. I gave up on cropping photos for personal use but now stepping into using evernote for professional use and cannot avoid this function. The image I am cropping I would like to use as a banner and after a simple crop I have blurred lines. :|

Any one ? 

I just wanted to clarify that this is happening when you're using Evernote on iOS. It looks like a couple other posts are referring to Mac, but since we're in the iOS forum I just wanted to verify the device you're using. If it is iOS, what version of the iOS and Evernote application are you running?

• 1 month later...

Yes, the MacOS crop feature has been completely broken for weeks. No matter what part of a .jpg image I select, it crops to some OTHER small random part of the image. This happens every single time and it is totally blowing my productivity. I have the Evernote scanner and I was using the crop feature every single day. I wrote tech support and they wanted me to do some kind of a screen video of the problem, which is annoying since there are clearly people at Evernote that already know it exists. I hope they fix this SOON! (And yes, I see the same problem on multiple computers, and yes, I've done a complete reinstall of Evernote on each one... no change!

Hi @DavisFields,

It looks like you're referring to Evernote on your Mac. We're in the iOS forum, so while the issues are similar, they're on two different platforms. If you'd like to start a thread around this issue in the Mac Help Forum, you can do so here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/219-mac-help/

I understand creating screen recordings can take a little bit of time, but if we're not able to reproduce the issue on our end, this can help in the troubleshooting process. Thanks for your understanding.

Archived