Help! - Notes missing (in desktop Evernote)

Felo1

Hi everyone,
As the tittle suggests, my Evernote Desktop app is missing over 150 notes.
Today I went and deleted most of my notebook and notebook stacks, since at this point they only were a memory of my old organization style (I only use tabs in a form that resembles a hierarchy). I didn't have any issue with the Evernote Desktop program I have at work, the web app, or the Android app either, but once I got home and fired up the Desktop version (this time in my personal computer) I was greeted by only 18 notes out of 225.
I've tried the following, to no avail:
> Synced my home evernote desktop app before and after making changes in the main (obligatory) notebook I have, renamed it and created new test notes in it.
> Logged off in the desktop app

> Reinstalling the evernote desktop app
I've noticed the desktop app is indeed sending and receiving updates, being able to create notes and see modifications in the 18 notes it sees already.

This is really troublesome as the home desktop app is the one I actually use most of the time.
Can someone share some insight as to why is this happening and how can I restore the notes in the desktop app?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

As the tittle suggests, my Evernote Desktop app is missing over 150 notes.

Today I went and deleted most of my notebook and notebook stacks, since at this point they only were a memory of my old organization style (I only use tabs in a form that resembles a hierarchy). I didn't have any issue with the Evernote Desktop program I have at work, the web app, or the Android app either, but once I got home and fired up the Desktop version (this time in my personal computer) I was greeted by only 18 notes out of 225.

I've tried the following, to no avail:

> Synced my home evernote desktop app before and after making changes in the main (obligatory) notebook I have, renamed it and created new test notes in it.

> Logged off in the desktop app

> Reinstalling the evernote desktop app

I've noticed the desktop app is indeed sending and receiving updates, being able to create notes and see modifications in the 18 notes it sees already.

This is really troublesome as the home desktop app is the one I actually use most of the time.

Can someone share some insight as to why is this happening and how can I restore the notes in the desktop app?

Thanks in advance.

There is no way, if you're using the same account, that your EN desktop at work, web app & Android app can have 225 notes & your EN desktop at home have only 18 notes (if they've all been sync'd).  Have  you checked the web app (source of all truths) after syncing your home computer?

Yes, I've checked. All my other sources (web app and Android at least) still retain all my other notes (albeit in a new notebook) after several syncs. I just did another one, and they are still there, invisible to my desktop app.

Then either you're using a different account on the one computer or you've got a filter in place that is only displaying certain notes, rather than all the notes. Try this. Create a new note on your home computer & sync. Now, go to the web client & see if you can find that note.

Same account, the web app synced the note I linked in my post above (which I made with the Desltop version).
I'm using search and using the "All notes" criteria and still no dice. This is so weird, I can see and edit the notes that desktop can't see without any issue in the web app as if nothing had happened, but the desktop app still won't see them.
The only way I can make the desktop app see anything aside from those random 18 notes is creating a new one...

Yeah, already did. Hopefully they help me resolve my issue with this.
Thanks for your time anyways good friend, take care.

EDIT: I scoured the web some more, and found this post.
http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/27710-pc-app-not-syncing-not-showing-content-on-notes-from-other-devices/

As I suspected something was amiss with my database, so I did what Owyn suggests in his post and voilá. Now it's downloading the notes again and it's currently at 64 notes and counting.
I'm leaving this here instead of deleting the thread in case someone finds himself in the same position as me, so they have an easier time finding help c:

• 11 months later...

EDIT: I scoured the web some more, and found this post.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/27710-pc-app-not-syncing-not-showing-content-on-notes-from-other-devices/

As I suspected something was amiss with my database, so I did what Owyn suggests in his post and voilá. Now it's downloading the notes again and it's currently at 64 notes and counting.

I'm leaving this here instead of deleting the thread in case someone finds himself in the same position as me, so they have an easier time finding help c:

Thank you so much - I had the same problem today and this link has just helped me fix it, such good timing as I was completely lost! :)

Archived