Hello!

I have just recently started using Evernote to gather articles I am interested in, especially from the Web with the Web Clipper. I really like the fact that I can highlight sentences, and I was wondering if there is any way (third-party included) for me to add a note to a particular highlight or to the side of the note, as I would do if I had pen and paper.

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Depends on the version of Evernote that you're using,  but have a look at Skitch (an Evernote add-in) for annotations

I believe the problem with Skitch is that it transforms the notes into images, which I don't want. Basically, what I would like to do is putting a few words on the side of a highlight, similiar to what Google Docs let's you do.

Sunyatasattva - Depending on which version of EN you are using, it probably has a highlighting tool and/or free-hand pen tool that may achieve what you are after.

Also, some EN users have developed an EN template with a Table for which they use to implement the Cornell Note-Taking method. You may want to search the web for an explanation of the method.

I hope this helps.

Hello!

I have just recently started using Evernote to gather articles I am interested in, especially from the Web with the Web Clipper. I really like the fact that I can highlight sentences, and I was wondering if there is any way (third-party included) for me to add a note to a particular highlight or to the side of the note, as I would do if I had pen and paper.

EN does not have the "write anywhere" feature that OneNote has.  I suspect it has something to do with the fact that EN strives to work well across a lot of clients & devices.  So they may not have as many of the bells & whistles that another app (that doesn't live on all the various platforms EN does) may have.