"Copying notes (40.0 MB)" taking HOURS....

Tyler H

Idea

I followed these instructions to uninstall the Mac app store version of Evernote and went and downloaded Evernote from the website. Upon installing and signing into my account it says it detected the app store version (what??) and it began copying my notes (I already backed up my notes to my desktop, and deleted what I thought was everything within the system folders)... and it's been doing this for hours on end now. I tried force-quitting and doing it all over again and same thing happens. Is it actually syncing with the servers just doing it extremely slowly or what?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - if you deleted the original notes,  then its likely that Evernote is trying to download the duplicates to your hard drive.  Your only clue to progress will be however many notes Evernote shows as your total in the desktop window.  If it's less than it should be,  then the download is stll pending.  This does take a while depending on the size of your database and the state of your connection.  If it seems to take too long,  you should raise a support ticket - the techs can see the other end of your connection whereas we can't..

Thanks for the reply, I found a post on these forums sometime between me posting this thread and you replying. It was instructions on how to completely remove any trace of Evernote from my system, as somehow when I tried to install the website downloaded version of Evernote it would tell me it saw the App store version still on my computer somewhere (the existing files that I couldn't find at the time). After deleting EVERYTHING Evernote on my computer (and I forgot which thread it was, sorry... but there are multiple and there was only one solution that I tried that worked), it installed without a problem from the website and my notes synced instantly from the servers.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the reply, I found a post on these forums sometime between me posting this thread and you replying. It was instructions on how to completely remove any trace of Evernote from my system, as somehow when I tried to install the website downloaded version of Evernote it would tell me it saw the App store version still on my computer somewhere (the existing files that I couldn't find at the time). After deleting EVERYTHING Evernote on my computer (and I forgot which thread it was, sorry... but there are multiple and there was only one solution that I tried that worked), it installed without a problem from the website and my notes synced instantly from the servers.

Glad to hear! It may have been my instructions. For future visitors to this thread, I'll post a link.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

If it wasn't these directions, please do supply a link for us if you come across the ones that helped you. The information might be of use to someone else in the future. Thanks!

Archived