How to protect note with encrypted data from being deleted without passphrase?

I've decided recently that I'm going to store some personal information in an EN note, which I've encrypted with EN.

If I lost this info, it would suck, but anyone that can log into my EN account (anyone on my phone or my computer) could delete this note.

I want to set a passphrase for the note that causes it to be immune to deletion without the user first entering the passphrase. Is there a way to do this?

• Level 5*

No, this isn't currently supported.

The best workaround is to protect your devices from people who are likely to delete things.

If you are premium you can PIN protect the app on your phone.

Edit: Meg is too damn quick for me

Put a passcode on your phone and on your user account on your computer. It's a good idea for a lot of reasons. 

I've done this, but a lot of the time I need to tell people my password so they can get on my computer. Do you have a more direct answer to my question?

No, you don't need to give people the password to your user account on your computer. Create accounts for other people who regularly use computer or have a guest account. I have my account and my guest account. The guest account is not password protected and can be used by anyone. But, they can't access my personal information. 

Best of luck. 

I've done this, but a lot of the time I need to tell people my password so they can get on my computer. Do you have a more direct answer to my question?

IMO, unless you're married to the person or the person is your manager & you're accessing something that is company owned, there is never a good reason to give someone your password. To anything.

• Level 5

.... a lot of the time I need to tell people my password so they can get on my computer....

I think you have done a good job identifying the source of the problem.

Archived