Feature Request: Manually Order Cards in Expanded Card View

planewryter

Idea

Dear Evernote Product Manager(s),

Please accept this request to provide a quick & easy way to manually order (sequence) EN cards in Expanded Card View (ideally, within a single, selected EN-Notebook).

Use Case? Think of a novelist or screenwriter...using EN in place of moving 5x8 index cards around on a wall.

For example:

• Finally figure out how to set up--and hide until the last instant--the reversal? Jot down an EN note and move it into place.
  • Great idea to reveal a character's flaw? EN and shuffle scenes.
    • Realize that the antagonist should have the mirror of the hero's flaw? EN and shuffle again.
  • Discover a brilliant way to bridge unrelated scenes? EN and move cards around to retain the story's spine.
  • Throw everything out in despair and change your political-spy-thriller into a chick-flick? EN with lots-and-lots of sequencing.
  • Wake up the next day and wonder what you were thinking...you're not a rom-com author...and restore what you've laid out? EN.
    • Add murder mystery sub-plot and re-sequence with EN.

When using "cards" to design a story, a key to success is the ability to add, delete and change them--which is something Evernote does very, very well. HOWEVER, an ESSENTIAL story design function is the ability to shuffle, move, re-shuffle, order, re-order, re-re-re-re-re-order (did I mention...re-ordering?) the cards. I just realized that I don't use EN to design my stories because there's (currently) no way (or...no way I can find reading the docs) to change the sequence of cards in Expanded Card View.

It would be AWESOME if writers could use EN to fiddle with the sequence of a story's design. Please add this function to EN's Product Roadmap.

• Any other writers see this as a benefit? If so, please let the fine folks at Evernote know...sound off below!

Thanks,

Plane Wryter

1 reply to this idea

Archived