Web Clipper Does Nothing When Clicked in Chrome

EvernoteUser1

This issue has been happening since last week.

Some information to help troubleshoot:

Browser: Google Chrome Version 32.0.1700.76

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

When I click on the elephant logo nothing happens. The web clipper fails to open regardless of what page I am trying to clip from.

Have done some testing on latest Chrome Clipper 6.0.8 on Chrome 32 / Win 7, and we cannot reproduce any general issues with clipping. A few things to try:

- Make sure you restart Chrome after installing the Clipper or it will only work on tabs opened after installation.

- Try uninstalling - restart - reinstalling - restart and then try some clips.

I did the following:

Uinstalled Web Clipper - Restarted PC - Reinstalled Web Clipper - Closed Browser - Reopened Browser and the web clipper still does nothing when I click it.

I usually like to clip articles from The Wall Street Journal at www.wsj.com.

Can you check if maybe The Wall Street Journal has blocked clipping privileges?

I did the following:

Uinstalled Web Clipper - Restarted PC - Reinstalled Web Clipper - Closed Browser - Reopened Browser and the web clipper still does nothing when I click it.

I had the same problem with a WSJ article on yesterday.  The Clipper then acted strangely the rest of the day.  I was unable to clip anything from my gmail account.  After logging out of Chrome for the day, the Clipper appears to be functioning properly today (including capturing gmail).

Have done some testing on latest Chrome Clipper 6.0.8 on Chrome 32 / Win 7, and we cannot reproduce any general issues with clipping. A few things to try:

- Make sure you restart Chrome after installing the Clipper or it will only work on tabs opened after installation.

- Try uninstalling - restart - reinstalling - restart and then try some clips.

I am running 6.0.8 version on Chrome 32.0.1700.76 And see no way to select the target notebook like I can in Fire Fox. The settings do not offer the option to "ask for target notebook"

Am I missing something?

Boblevy@storageman.com

I did the following:

I have the same problem as this guy. Hope this will get fixed soon. I am really excited to use this.

Hi all,

We've just released version 6.0.9 that should take care of the recent instability issues. Please restart Chrome or re-install the Clipper from www.evernote.com/webclipper to be on the latest production version. 

The Evernote support team replied to me today re: the support ticket I opened due to the Chrome web clipper no longer working.  And so far, it seems to work!

Thank you, dev team!

But, I'm curious, Evernote folks:  what happened to break this extension?

Thanks,

southernforge

Archived