(Archived) EN on Windows, Automatically Start an existing note in it's own WIndos

Lannyc

I've looked around but I can't find an answer to my question.

I would like to create a shortcut on my WIndows taskbar that would open an existing Note in it's own window.

• I know how to do it with Evernote Web but I want to do it with windows desktop
  • I do not want to go to the Web version of the note but want the desktop editing by using Windows EN

By way of a little more background, the note I want to open is an ongoing daily log of misc information. These are the steps I'm trying to shortcut:

1. Go in and open EN
  2. then open the note in it's own window
  3. then close out of EN
  4. The note can be left open on my desktop

Any thoughts?

Thanks

• Level 5*

An unholy alliance between ENScript (used to open to a particular note, say by querying on a unique tag, or text in the note or title) and AutoHotKey (to do the manipulation of Evernote), maybe?? I can't think of any other way to accomplish this.

Frankly, I just leave Evernote open all the time, with my one or two current notes opened in separate windows.

A combination of:

Tools -> Options -> Note -> "Open Note links from external applications in a new window"

and

Running the note via it's note link (via a shortcut or some other method)

Should give you what you want. The only issue I see is that this does open the Main EN window. Not sure if that is the intended behaviour or not.

Archived