(Archived) Import folder sync interval

M. Skaggs

First time poster here, having joined the community today (though I've been an EN user for quite some time).

I've just now set up two folders to import into two notebooks in EN for Windows 7 - that way, the imported notes are separated from everything else as I need to tag them before doing anything else. My problem is that they don't seem to be updating. When I added one folder, the two files within in showed up immediately; when I added another, none of the files have yet shown up (it's just been maybe 20 minutes). Is there a long interval on the import, or can I do it manually?

Thanks!

*Edit: It seems the problem has evolved. The files did indeed import into Evernote, but they went into the wrong folder. Could anything account for this? Under my import settings, I checked to make sure the right destination notebook was listed; it seems to be picking up the files OK but puts them in the wrong place.

• Level 5*

Hi.  The import should be instant on all folders - try setting up another new import folder to replace the 'stuck' one and move the files across.  Or might the files have moved anyway but you didn't set the folder to delete files once copied?

Other possibilities include:  you used up your upload allowance / the file names contain illegal characters / they're too big / the files are still open in another application.

-There's no manual way to prompt an import folder sync.

Hi.  The import should be instant on all folders - try setting up another new import folder to replace the 'stuck' one and move the files across.  Or might the files have moved anyway but you didn't set the folder to delete files once copied?

Other possibilities include:  you used up your upload allowance / the file names contain illegal characters / they're too big / the files are still open in another application.

-There's no manual way to prompt an import folder sync.

Thanks very much for this. I edited my original post to note that the problem was different from what I thought - the files do import, but they go to the wrong folder. I also checked the numbers between the source folder and destination notebook, and they add up - all 75 files made it into EN.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Haven't tested multiple imports in the latest version,  so it could be a bug that's causing your issue.  Please keep an eye on it - remake one of the folders as I suggested to doublecheck that the folder connection is correct - and if it repeats,  definitely raise a support ticket (see below).

Archived