REQUEST: Smart quotes and typographer's apostrophes, please?

mtrahan

Idea

Hi,

I've been using Evernote for a couple of years now and there is one thing in particular that has been bugging me for a while. I would be very happy to see Evernote implement (automatic) smart quotes and typographer's apostrophes! I know that Evernote isn't a word processor, but in the end I write so much text in it, so many notes/rough drafts/emails/etc... It would look so much better if we could have real apostrophes (’) instead of the typewriter's straight ones ('). Same for smart quotes. Would also save some time when exporting notes to not have to find/replace these.

I feel like there is not much hope for this but it can't hurt to ask I guess.

Oh and I posted this on the Windows forum, but of course the Mac client needs this too (for the smart quotes, though, it is less problematic on my MacBook Pro since there are specific keys on the keyboard to get the smart quotes... on Windows, I ended up created a specific macro on my keyboard to get the desired smartquotes...)

PS. I'm now officially addict to Scrivener's full screen/focus mode and would love to have something like it in Evernote. I feel like I'm asking for the impossible here, but hey I'm not the only one. :-)

EDIT. Forgot in the original post, but support for non-breaking spaces would also be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance and a happy new year to everyone.

Michael

4 replies to this idea

OK, maybe December 31 wasn't the best day to get attention. I still would like to see implemented in Evernote:

• (automatic) smart quotes;
  • typographer's apostrophes;
  • non-breaking spaces;
  • a focus/full screen mode.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Archived