Evernote update not compatible with 10.6.8

DDDD

Idea

Running 10.6.8. Usually any updates recommended by Apple are only compatible with the OS that I am using. Unfortunately, I can no longer access my data on Evernote on this computer. I am in the process of moving, so time machine is not connected now and I am unable to do a system restore. It would be good if there was a warning that the upgrade was not compatible with 10.6.8. Not sure that there is anything that I can do about this other than request that more info be offered when providing an update in the future. I used evernote all the time on this computer, have a premium acct., and I miss being able to use it.

7 replies to this idea

Any word on making the Evernote desktop app compatible with Mac OS 10.6.8? I an Evernote Pro member installing Evernote on another computer I own that runs 10.6.8, and it's not working. Rather disappointing. 

Is there an older version of the Evernote app available that is compatible with Mac OS 10.6.8? 

Luckily for me I haven't had this issue, but I'd be pissed off if I was in your shoes.  In fact, I'm pretty pissed off seeing what you're going through!  I do run the latest version of OSX and for me accessing evernote online is a step down.  If all I had was EN online, I'd use something else!    So I feel your pain!  I hope your situation gets resolved asap. Since you're a premium user, I'd jump on chat and hopefully get an answer that I'm satisfied with or at least submit a support ticket.  

• Level 5*

As a workaround you can get your data at Evernote.com.

IMHO accessing evernote.com isn't an acceptable solution.

Agreed.  That's why it's called a "workaround".  I assume the OP has raised a support ticket?  In this case I'd say it's down to the tech guys to comment.

• Level 5*

My advice would be to try the direct download version, if you haven't already. Here are instructions:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=135

My understanding is that Evernote ought to work on 10.6.8, but maybe something has changed. If you have not filed a support ticket, please do so (see the link in my signature). Let us know what they say.

Archived