Recurring login issues

Cameronp

Idea

Hello: I am a long time user of Evernote on both Mac and iOS. However, for the last few weeks, I have encountered an increasingly annoying login issue with the Mac version. Every time I start up the Mac app, I am required to re-enter my password, regardless of whether the 'stay signed in' button is ticked or not. This did not occur with earlier versions. In addition, a dialogue box now pops up at random intervals announcing that my access has been "revoked" and requiring me to re-enter my password again. 

These issues only occur on the Mac version for what it's worth  - the iOS apps continue work as before. Can anyone shed any light? 

5 replies to this idea

I see no one is interested in helping with this problem.  I've been experiencing the same thing. But for me it's the web app, not the downloadable app.  AND, it's not just after reboots, but constantly, like very hour I'd guess.  And even after I log in, then Evernote Web Clipper requires it's own sign in. It make Evernote very difficult to use throughout the day.

had the same problem.

open keychain acces, find Evernote (you can search it) and doubleclick it.

go to the "acces control" tab, and mark "allow all applications to use this item". that should do it...

Seams it's not an Evernote bug, but osX problem that started with 10.8, and appears in other applications also.

ie. Google Drve "cannot sign in - try again" error.

hope it helps.

had the same problem.

open keychain acces, find Evernote (you can search it) and doubleclick it.

go to the "acces control" tab, and mark "allow all applications to use this item". that should do it...

Seams it's not an Evernote bug, but osX problem that started with 10.8, and appears in other applications also.

ie. Google Drve "cannot sign in - try again" error.

hope it helps.

Thanks v much - you may have solved this issue! Oddly Evernote was listed in Keychain Access three times but I made the access control change for all three and I have now opened EV twice with no password demand!

Archived