(Archived) (Archived) Offline Notebooks Not Available

Jimfoto

I just signed up for premium service to be able to use Evernote on my Android device when I have no internet access. My offline notebooks cease to be available offline and I have to sign in to access them. They are offline for a while but somewhere along the way they become online notebooks only perhaps when I power down my device.

Can someone tell me what's going on?

I just signed up for premium service to be able to use Evernote on my Android device when I have no internet access. My offline notebooks cease to be available offline and I have to sign in to access them. They are offline for a while but somewhere along the way they become online notebooks only perhaps when I power down my device.

Can someone tell me what's going on?

Did you specify which notebooks are to be available offline in settings & then sync them down?

I specified all 14 of my notebooks to be "Offline", clicked the tick mark and synced. They are all available....for a while. When I power down my device, the next time I click the Evernote icon, I have to log in and my notebooks are no longer designated offline.

You should only need to sign in one time. If you are required to sign in every time you use Evernote then this might be the problem. By design, when you sign out all notebooks are removed from the device.

Which device do you have? What version of Evernote have you installed?

I am required to log in everytime on my phone, which is a Samsung Infuse running v5.2.3.1 of Evernote running on Android 2.2.1.

I don't seem to have this problem on my tablet which is running v 5.6.1 on Android 4.1.1

I guess it could be either my Evernote version or my Android version that's causing it. Please don't tell me I need to pay another $45 to access my files on a second device.

• Level 5*

I guess it could be either my Evernote version or my Android version that's causing it. Please don't tell me I need to pay another $45 to access my files on a second device.

The $45 covers your account, which can be accessed from multiple devices.

I am required to log in everytime on my phone, which is a Samsung Infuse running v5.2.3.1 of Evernote running on Android 2.2.1.

I don't seem to have this problem on my tablet which is running v 5.6.1 on Android 4.1.1

As BrianCaldwell said, the fact that you must log in is most likely the issue.  Are you logging out of the Android app?  Or just closing it?  If you are not logging out & yet are required to log in each time, then there's something goofy with the app on your phone.  Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting & then reinstalling?  NOTE: be sure to sync any unsync'd notes before uninstalling or else you will lose them.

Archived