Clearing Reminders Seems Messy on Desktop

steveisaacs

Idea

I love Reminders (just started using Evernote as my task manager), but Reminders on the desktop seems a little wonky:

1) Create a note with a task, tap Reminder

2) Task shows up in Reminder pane at the top of the notebook pane

3) Finish task, click checkmark in Reminder pane

Task still kind of refuses to die.

Ok fine, I can click off on "Show completed reminders," but it's still there in hidden, or when the completed reminders pop back on. Seems that this view is going to get messy very fast. The reminder icon on the note is back to grey, like it never happened, but it is still cruft to me in the reminders list. If I want to delete the reminder forever I have to 1) Go to the note 2) Make a new Reminder, 3) Clear that Reminder - definitely not a perfect solution.

Idea: Can the completed reminders disappear after a day?

This isn't a problem on iPhone/iPad - when you click "done" on a reminder there, they are just gone :)

2 replies to this idea

Dealing with reminders is a complete mess on the Windows desktop versions, I can not even get a view of reminding tasks and although I tried to create a saved search all completed tasks still show up. Please fix this as my reminders list is already a mess.

todo:false to find unchecked task

For reminders

reminderOrder:[integer] - matches notes that have been marked as a reminder. The actual integer attribute value is used to order reminders relative to one another and is generally not useful in search. E.g.:

• reminderOrder:*
    • Matches all notes that have been marked as a reminder

reminderTime:[datetime] - matches notes with a reminderTime attribute that is equal to or later than the argument datetime. reminderTime is the time at which the user has requested a reminder about the note. E.g.:

• reminderTime:day
    • Matches all notes with a reminder set for today
  • reminderTime:day+7
    • Matches all notes with a reminder set for the next 7 days

reminderDoneTime:[datetime] - matches notes with a reminderDoneTime attribute that is equal to or later than the argument datetime. reminderDoneTime is the time at which the user dismissed the reminder. E.g.:

• reminderDoneTime:day
    • Matches all notes with a reminder done time of today
  • reminderDoneTime:day-7
    • Matches all notes with a reminder done time in the past week

Archived