How to search for all reminders that are due today

Hi,

how to search for all reminders that are due today, including the overdue ones.

I tried different saved searches according to http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

reminderTime:day

Shows all reminders from today and the future

-reminderTime:day

shows all remindes excluding today, excluding future, including reminders without date

-reminderTime:day+1

shows something that does not make sense at all. 

reminderTime:day+1

shows today and random futore notes but does not make sense and is missing lots of notes.

Is this a gerneal bug with relative dates in the windows client

Hope some one can help me

Regards

Manuel

• Level 5*

The Windows client doesn't handle relative dates that use '+' (rather than '-'), like "reminderTime:day+1"; if it did, it would be really useful, particularly with respect to reminders, but it doesn't. If you use the Search Explanation (View / Show Search Explanation), you can see what it's doing (basically, it sees the '+1' part, and turns that into a search for the literal text '1').

It's curious (and confusing) that the Search Grammar reference is a bit self-contradictory: the example given with reminderTime uses '+', but the grammar that's specified at the bottom (which is admittedly incomplete) won't accept '+' as a relative date operator.

Other clients may handle this correctly, though. The web client does, as far as I can tell, as does the Android client. Not sure about the Mac client. The Windows issue has been discussed in the forums, in the Windows 5 beta topics, I seem to recall.

• Level 5

Is this a general bug with relative dates in the windows client

I've been working with Evernote on this date search issue going back over 3+ years.

April 2010 - Dave Engberg (current Evernote CTO) replied to my question about a "today" query: "We plan to add the ability to specify a due date for a note, to sort the note list by due dates, and to be able to search for notes within a range of due dates. This would permit, for example, a saved search for notes with an effective due date of 'today' or 'this week.'"

But as the months progressed, Dave said the Evernote team had to shift their priorities to "other critical client work that needs to happen first (for performance, stability and hardware compatibility)".

As Jefito mentioned the problem is curious and confusing and contradictory.

I have given up on this issue and use a clunky today reference-note and/or absolute-date searches.

Search Code 47ER92

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still is not working. It really sucks and it is frustrating. I do not want to use another tool just because they are lazy to fix such a small problem. This problem is on windows, android and web. according to documentation it should work. I reported this problem almost 9 months ago!! and still there is guy who knows about this ***** bug more than 3 years!!

I only want to see which "todo" must be finished this week, month or which one are no overdue.

I am wondering when they will change documentation, because it is more convenient than fix this problem on all devices. I am starting hate Evernote because this problem and how they are not trying to solve this issue . It is not useful for me any more. Last time when I saw change log "minor filter bug fixes" I was happy, because I thought is this issue, but it was not!!! aaarghhh!!!

Please, hear my wailing

• 3 weeks later...

+1, really sucks! Anybody has a workaround? 

no, and no even though in release notes is this

Evernote for Windows 5.4.0.3698 GA Release Notes

Numerous search fixes

:( I really want to fill some survey about user satisfaction...

:( I really want to fill some survey about user satisfaction...

You're welcome to express yourself here.

thank you. And I did, but I think nobody will know about this (mainly because I am not payer and more users do not care about advanced filters). Do they have public bug-tracker or backlog. I am curious about evernote priorities :) Or what "Numerous search fixes" means

this "stupid" think drive me crazy, evernote is not useful for me without this (notes and task in one are killer features which evernote has, but it does not work properly). I reported this twice and they know about this more than 3 years. I do not think my expression here will solve something. Maybe I will give chance wunderlist or trello again

• Level 5*

No public bug tracker. All posts here are read by Evernote staff; that's no guarantee that feature requests will be fulfilled. Nobody here cares who are paying and non-paying customers.

This one's a bug though, and should be fixed -- nothing on it yet, unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this counts as a full workaround, but it has allowed me to search for notes due during a time range on the Windows client (though it has limited utility for saved searches, as seen below).  Perhaps others may find it useful.  Note that I have not tested this thoroughly, so YMMV.

Searches using the "reminderTime:" syntax can include a specific (non-relative) date, and this seems to work on the Windows client.  For example, I could search for reminders due today by searching "remindertime:20140522".  Apparently this query is designed to return all notes with reminder time occurring May 22, 2014 or later.  

Thus if I am trying to search for all notes due this week, I would enter the following in the search field:

reminderTime:20140522 -reminderTime:20140529

In the OP's case, for a search including notes with reminder times today and previous, that search (if performed May 22, 2014) would look something like

reminderTime:19000101 -reminderTime:20140523  (All notes with reminder time between January 1, 1900 and May 22, 2014 inclusive)

Obviously this is not very useful if you want to create a saved search showing what you need to do today (or should have already done by today), since it would require you to change the date(s) specified every day you use it.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

3k47,

Very nice.  This helps workaround the non-performing reminder date logic.  I've created a note that I can drag from into the search bar, very helpful.

Also, I have been trying to create a search for open reminders without dates. After reading your post, by accident I determined that -remindertime:20140101 -remindertime:yyymmdd (I used 20140101) does just that.  As long as the first date is before any dated reminder and the second date is just about anything, the notes returned are the entire context, but the reminders returned are only those without dates.  Don't know why it works, but it does.  Thanks.

Cal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I using Trello, it looks better, it is better and it is more suitable for me, because I need task list with notes and trello do both perfectly (evernote can sporadically do only the second  thing). I have uninstalled everything from evernote.

PS: evernote windows client is awful

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I wrote an AutoHotKey script to paste in the range using 3k47's constant string method.

http://ziemecki.net/...date-workaround

I modified this script a little:

added parameters to search by Today, This Week, This Month

replaced hotkey with hotstring. (Instead of hitting Alt+v, you just type "rd")

I have an explanation as well as the ahk script in a shared note here.

Thank very much for your file ,

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this counts as a full workaround, but it has allowed me to search for notes due during a time range on the Windows client (though it has limited utility for saved searches, as seen below).  Perhaps others may find it useful.  Note that I have not tested this thoroughly, so YMMV.

Searches using the "reminderTime:" syntax can include a specific (non-relative) date, and this seems to work on the Windows client.  For example, I could search for reminders due today by searching "remindertime:20140522".  Apparently this query is designed to return all notes with reminder time occurring May 22, 2014 or later.  

Thus if I am trying to search for all notes due this week, I would enter the following in the search field:

reminderTime:20140522 -reminderTime:20140529

In the OP's case, for a search including notes with reminder times today and previous, that search (if performed May 22, 2014) would look something like

reminderTime:19000101 -reminderTime:20140523  (All notes with reminder time between January 1, 1900 and May 22, 2014 inclusive)

Obviously this is not very useful if you want to create a saved search showing what you need to do today (or should have already done by today), since it would require you to change the date(s) specified every day you use it.

FWIW, I wrote an AutoHotKey script to paste in the range using 3k47's constant string method.

http://ziemecki.net/content/evernote-due-date-workaround

It ain't the most elegant solution, but it's pretty easy to use.

Thanks a lot guys! I just tried this using AHK and it works perfectly in the current Windows Client. Now I can finally start using Windows Client again (before been using Evernote Web). Not sure why Evernote are not sorting this one out and letting it drag on for so long.

I almost gave up on Reminders and was going to use RTM for that. But this post has saved my day. Kudos to guys who posted this!!

PhaseExpress works well for this also.  It has built in capabilities that lend themselves nicely to creating dynamic date searches initiated with hot keys.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked it up and it does look more easier to learn and user-friendly then AHK.

Following the inputs from 3k47 and dziemecki, here is an AHK-script that I used to search for notes with passed due reminders. At least within a year. You can freely adjust that number.

;RP - Past Due Reminders

::rp::

ddate = 

ddate += -365, days 

FormatTime, ddate, %ddate%, yyyyMMdd 

send reminderTime:%ddate% -reminderTime:day

return

I gave up on reminders after spending a lot of time finding workarounds. This was the main stumbling block for me and if Evernote bothered to fix it then I would have been very happy with Evernote. The best workaround I found was using AHK but again this meant I had to create scripts to make reminders work and I shouldn't have to do this. So I decided to go elsewhere for my task management. Not sure why Evernote haven't managed to fix this for years and let it go on for so long. A quick search in the forums and you see many users who experienced the same problems. Evernote if you reading this then I am disappointed in you for not fixing this problem and letting it drag on and on for so long! I am no longer using your reminders because of this. It's just too little, too late now...

• Level 5*

@Jeng,

I felt the same as you prior to finding PhaseExpress (per my previous post).  I think it is actually quicker than if EN had dynamic search working.  <Alt><Win>T is probably faster than F5, drop down, select the search.  Go figure.  But I have a fairly simple task use case and am driven to have everything in one spot.  FWIW.

@Jeng,

I felt the same as you prior to finding PhaseExpress (per my previous post).  I think it is actually quicker than if EN had dynamic search working.  <Alt><Win>T is probably faster than F5, drop down, select the search.  Go figure.  But I have a fairly simple task use case and am driven to have everything in one spot.  FWIW.

My line of thinking was exactly like you csihilling and I wanted all my documents to be in one place and initially Evernote fit the bill perfectly. But as the years went by I became more and more frustrated with the amount of bug reports I had to keep sending Evernote. However, I still stuck with it and thought eventually things will get better and Evernote will sort out the bugs and it be more productive. Unfortunately, this day never came and I lost hope in it ever coming because with every new release there was always something not working and so this didn't admire me with much confidence.

I could have lived with the broken reminders and use a different tool to manage them like AHK/PhaseExpress if it were not for the fact that I use Evernote on my Android phone and use it on the Web also so this called for a different syntax then what I use for my Windows client. And soon this became unwieldy for me to keep remembering to enter what search in what device to pull out the relevant reminders. And the killer was the fact that Evernote launched a new Web interface which led me to believe that the old Web interface would eventually die off sometime in the future as I can't imagine Evernote improving it any further then what it is already, especially now they have the new Web UI up and running. I personally, cannot work efficiently using the new Web UI. The reminders all worked flawlessly on the old Evernote Web and soon (in my opinion) this will be phased out.

So all this pushed me to my limit. I mean there is only so much one can tolerate and I been very patient with Evernote over the years and been a premium subscriber from day one. I kept thinking Evernote will sort it out and soon it be mostly bug-free and I be able to concentrate on doing my work. But no, I guess I was wrong and Evernote never sorted it out - the reminders are still broken at least on the Windows client. I am tired now and have had to rethink my entire workflow. My dream of being able to do all of my work from one entity is still a dream I'm afraid. I guess it all depends on how much functionality you really need. And I for one was using reminders and reminder searches a lot and needed this to really work but it didn't.

Sorry for the long post but you can tell how passionate I am about this subject of reminders lol.

P.S. csihilling - don't know if you know already but you can actually drag the saved searches into the shortcuts area of the application and this is even quicker then using the F5, drop down, select search :-)

• Level 5*

Hear what you are saying.  And thanks Jeng, I do know about the search bar piece, I just don't use saved searches enough to be willing to give up the real estate.  If dynamic dates were working I might sacrifice some space since it would be quicker than the hot key combo, mouse in hand anyway.   :(

• Level 5*

I just don't use saved searches enough to be willing to give up the real estate.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  No real estate is required.  When you click in the Search box,  only then does the dropdown show your Saved Searches.  Of course you can turn a SS into a Shortcut, but that's purely optional.  

At least that's how it works in EN Mac 5.5.2.  

• Level 5*

Hear what you are saying.  And thanks Jeng, I do know about the search bar piece, I just don't use saved searches enough to be willing to give up the real estate.  If dynamic dates were working I might sacrifice some space since it would be quicker than the hot key combo, mouse in hand anyway.   :(

Yup, typed search and was thinking shortcut.  It happens....  A guy could use a break every once in a while.   :)

• 1 month later...

Wow, there's an hour or so that I won't get back. Count me among the frustrated ones who would appreciate being able to do relative date searches with ReminderTime. It's crazy that you sort of have the feature but it doesn't work as documented. Until I found this thread, I was following the documentation (http://dev.evernote.com/documentation/cloud/chapters/search_grammar.php) but it doesn't work as advertised. Long time premium user here, if it matters.

• Level 5*

Wow, there's an hour or so that I won't get back. Count me among the frustrated ones who would appreciate being able to do relative date searches with ReminderTime. It's crazy that you sort of have the feature but it doesn't work as documented. Until I found this thread, I was following the documentation (http://dev.evernote.com/documentation/cloud/chapters/search_grammar.php) but it doesn't work as advertised. Long time premium user here, if it matters.

Yeah, I have felt the same as you and have submitted trouble tickets to no avail.  In the meantime, though, per the post above, using PhaseExpress I now have hot key searches for reminders for Today, Through Today, Tomorrow, Next 7 days.  Might even be quicker than a saved search.  Just hit <Win><Alt>T and I have today's reminders.  In Windows anyway.

• 1 month later...

I agree the above is annoying. It would be great to have a saved search using the "reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1" search in Windows client however I do have a work around.

Requirements:

• An ability to clip emails easily into Evernote. I use MS Outlook with the Evernote plugin however I know the web clipper works well with Gmail; I'm not an expert on clipping with hotmail etc. so you'd have to find a way to clips emails from other sources.
  • Evernote daily reminder email.

Process:

1. ​Receive reminder e-mail
  2. Clip e-mail to Evernote

Pros:

• Means you have a "table of contents" note created for you each day, with very little manual input. I reckon someone with better skills than I would be able to create a script however in order to automate the process on turning the PC on.
  • The name of each note will have a note link to that note. By clipping the reminder note into Evernote you can use that note link to open the note with the reminder directly in the Windows client. If you were to open the note from the email client itself it would open the link in your browser (I prefer to work exclusively in the desktop client).
  • You can make notes next to the name of each note. So you could write a number next to each item in order to indicate priority, or a person's name in order to indicate who is responsible for the task.

Cons:

• It's not dynamic like a search would be if it worked. If you add a reminder for the same day then it's unlikely to be included in the reminder email for that day. I tend to receive reminder e-mails around 5 AM GMT but I'm not sure if this depends on your location or if all reminder emails are sent out by Evernote at the same time. Having said the above it's not difficult to add another line to the reminder note via copy/paste note link function.
  • Level 5*

It amazes me EN is so hopelessly broken when it comes to reminders. I get reminders on iOS but when you open the client you have no clue what caused the reminder to fire. On the Windows desktop, the reminder popup toast appears for about 10seconds and vanishes, so if you aren't sitting at your desk watching for it, you'll never no one fired and has passed.

And no client offers the ability to so effective searches, or see what is past due, or pending for that day. The search terms don't do what they suggest.

Really frustrating.

• Level 5*

I have a dream. I have a dream that I can walk into a meeting, and open Evernote, and in 2 clicks or less, find the note that has the reminder set for the time of that meeting be at my fingertips. I have a dream that I wouldn't need to search my notes for it trying to remember key words in the note, or having to go to my "@Pending Actions" notebook and click the Reminder button on my iPad and then scroll through to find it, or having to change views on my Windows laptop from List view to Snippet view so I can even see a list of reminders, then scroll through those reminders to find it then put EN back in List View. I have a dream that one day this will all be possible so I don't have to prepare for the meeting by remembering to do all of this first before I go to the meeting, or forgetting to and fumbling around looking for the note while participants look expectantly in my direction with some giving me the stink eye.

I have a dream....

• Level 5*

Until either EN fixes their reminder data logic, or someone comes up with an IOS text expander with dynamic date parameters, better to"hot" tag the meeting notes.  But then pray you don't have any updates pending that will take control when you open EN.  I would add addressing that to your dream.

The above is fairly doable with existing PC text expanders.  You can at least get today's reminders in list view with a hot key dynamic date search, simple scroll from there assuming you don't have that many reminders on any given day.  FWIW.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news! There was an update yesterday. Now "remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1" search successfully works in Windows. You can use it alongside the tags in your notes to filter your reminders for any given day too. See below.

Evernote for Windows 5.8.4.6870 GA Release Notes
  • New
    • Evernote now supports high resolution displays
    • Add a coworker’s business notebook to your account right from the notebook list
    • Taskbar icon illuminates when a new message is received
  • Improved
    • Numerous improvements to Work Chat and sharing
    • Several improvements to Context
    • Fixed several sync and stability issues
    • Resolved a bug that caused the password prompt to appear unnecessarily
    • Fixed issues related to Table of Contents notes
    • Resolved issues with Reminders search syntax
    • 1 security fix -- learn more at https://evernote.com/security/updates#win
  • Level 5*

Great news! There was an update yesterday. Now "remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1" search successfully works in Windows. You can use it alongside the tags in your notes to filter your reminders for any given day too. See below.

That's been awhile coming, basically since the moment that reminders debuted, since reminders in the past aren't all that useful. That sort of search isn't all that useful to my workflow, but I'm glad to see it anyways.

• Level 5*

The day parameter will help with saved searches for IOS, without a doubt.  A win.

Funny thing is though, I've gotten so used to the hot key date searches (7 in my use case) I created on my PC using PhaseExpress and its date logic I doubt I will use saved searches on the PC.  Ctrl-Win-T to see today's reminders is quicker than going to the search bar and I don't want to eat up all the toolbar real estate with date searches.  Funny how an obstacle opens up new worlds.  

EDIT:  Spoke too soon.  The search to find tomorrow's reminders, remindertime:day+1 -remindertime:day+2 doesn't work.  Whereas the search remindertime:20150308 -remindertime:20150309 does.  So reminder day parameter still not working.  Oh well.

EDIT 2:  I really did speak too soon.  The new reminder date parameter does work as per specifications.  User error, as in oops.   :(

• Level 5*

The day parameter will help with saved searches for IOS, without a doubt.  A win.

Funny thing is though, I've gotten so used to the hot key date searches (7 in my use case) I created on my PC using PhaseExpress and its date logic I doubt I will use saved searches on the PC.  Ctrl-Win-T to see today's reminders is quicker than going to the search bar and I don't want to eat up all the toolbar real estate with date searches.  Funny how an obstacle opens up new worlds.  

Well, that's if it works on iOS, something I can't verify. The problem with the Windows client was local to the client; that construction ("remindertime:day+1") wasn't parsed correctly (pretty good guess that it was the '+', since timedate references that use '-' have been ok for years), and I'm pretty sure that the different clients don't share code bases all that much.

• Level 5*

Well, that's if it works on iOS, something I can't verify. The problem with the Windows client was local to the client; that construction ("remindertime:day+1") wasn't parsed correctly (pretty good guess that it was the '+', since timedate references that use '-' have been ok for years), and I'm pretty sure that the different clients don't share code bases all that much.

Yeah, I just never bothered creating a search on the PC to put into shortcuts that I could use on the IOS devices.  I will give that a go and see if it does interpret correctly on the iPad.

• Level 5*

Ctrl-Win-T to see today's reminders is quicker than going to the search bar and I don't want to eat up all the toolbar real estate with date searches.  Funny how an obstacle opens up new worlds.  

Can't beat a single shortcut key to perform an action, but it isn't that bad just using Evernote:

Press WIN+SHIFT+F (or whatever keys you've assigned to EN global search) to go to the Search box, then your Saved Searches are shown in a dropdown list.  Doesn't use any toolbar real estate.

But like you use PhaseExpress, I use Keyboard Maestro on the Mac to get quick results with just one shortcut key.

Too bad the Reminders search fix is incomplete.

• Level 5*

Agreed, not that bad when/if they get them working.  

But I'm so lazy, F5-TO-click (F5 for search, to for Today's Reminders assuming 2 characters will get it and click to activate) is so much work as compared to Win-Alt-T.   ;)

• Level 5*

I know this is a Windows thread/issue, but for those Mac and iOS Users:

Just tested "remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1" on EN Mac 6.0.6 and it worked.

Created a Saved Search in EN Mac, and tested in EN iOS 7.6.4, and it worked.

I know this is a Windows thread/issue, but for those Mac and iOS Users:

Just tested "remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1" on EN Mac 6.0.6 and it worked.

Created a Saved Search in EN Mac, and tested in EN iOS 7.6.4, and it worked.

It has been working on the Mac for more than one year now.

That's what's the most frustrating to me!

EDIT:  Spoke too soon.  The search to find tomorrow's reminders, remindertime:day+1 -remindertime:day+2 doesn't work.  Whereas the search remindertime:20150308 -remindertime:20150309 does.  So reminder day parameter still not working.  Oh well.

I've just tried remindertime:day+1 -remindertime:day+2 in Windows client latest version and it works perfectly for me. Shows me only tomorrow's reminder, that's it. Are you using the latest version?

• Level 5*

I've just tried remindertime:day+1 -remindertime:day+2 in Windows client latest version and it works perfectly for me. Shows me only tomorrow's reminder, that's it. Are you using the latest version?

Got me @Dropper.  I had a DAA, technical term for dumb a$$ attack.  Just upgraded to 5.8.4.6870 and it works fine.  My apologies to all and I will go back and fix the previous post.  Thanks for keeping me on point.   :)

I'll probably still use my hotkeys on the PC though, quicker.

• Level 5*

EDIT 2:  I really did speak too soon.  The new reminder date parameter does work as per specifications.  User error, as in oops.   :(

Well, I cannot get it to work, and then I thought "hrmmm.. maybe it would be a good idea if I actually downloaded and installed the updated version."  :wacko:

• Level 5*

Edh,

Hey now be nice!!!  We all have our moments, just got to own up to them.  

My first mistake of the year, yeah that's my story.... uh well maybe month.... uh, would you believe day....   ;)

• 2 months later...

I wanted a search that would show me all records with either 1) undated reminders, or 2) dated reminders in which the reminder date is today or older.  This search seems to deliver that:

reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1

Is this what everyone was looking for?

Man, this is frustrating and weird.

What I don't understand is why the first search below works in the web client, but not Windows Client, is the search logic not the same?

There doesnt seem to be any consistency in the search logic.

reminderOrder:* -reminderDoneTime:*

Does not work for me. 

reminderOrder:*

does, ok

-reminderDoneTime:*

Returns nothing on it's own, and returns nothing when used with the full string... hmm...

It seems the problem is that reminderDoneTime cannot accept a wildcard (*)

The other two reminder search parameters (reminderTime does not accept a wild card either) seem to accept the wildcard just fine.

Using the steps here:

http://codeforemen.com/evernote-tip-filter-for-incomplete-reminders/

I was able to look at some of the reminder fields.  One thing I do not understand about what he did there was that he built his search logic around the fact that after a completed reminder is unchecked (made incomplete), the reminderDoneTime is set to 00001231T000000Z. So what? I don't want to have to make reminders, check them, then uncheck them. 

<code> 

<note-attributes><reminder-order>20150529T135946Z</reminder-order><reminder-time>20150530T130000Z</reminder-time><reminder-done-time>20150529T135950Z</reminder-done-time></note-attributes>

What works for me:
For incomplete reminders, with or without a due date.

reminderOrder:* -reminderDoneTime:2015 -reminderDoneTime:2014 -reminderDoneTime:2013 -reminderDoneTime:2012
Is what I finally had to go with... back to the year I started using Evernote. =\

Edit:
It seems reminderTime does not accept a wildcard either. This has to be a bug... right?
Edit2
Ok, maybe not a bug, but still annoying. The reason ANY and Wildcards do not work is because even a reminder without a date has a value in those fields.
<reminder-order>20150529T141906Z</reminder-order><reminder-time>00001231T000000Z</reminder-time><reminder-done-time>00001231T000000Z</reminder-done-time>
Not sure... how this helps. But at least the search above works for me... I guess. Certainly not intuitive at all. Although this does not appear to work on Android, and I haven't yet tried in IOS.... /sigh.
  • Level 5*

@FrozenDragon,

The quickest way to incomplete reminders with or without due dates is to go to the reminders drop down in snippet view in All Notes context.  By definition this is all open reminders.  The note list however will be all notes.  So two different sized lists.

If you want the note list to equal the open reminders in any view, you need to do select all reminders without a done date.  This means selecting a due date which is before any of your reminders, so something like reminderorder:* -reminderdonetime:20100101 should do the trick.  Your search only excludes reminders from 2015.

Reminder parameters have add issues from the start.  The "day" term was fixed relatively recently in Windows.  Reminderorder:* is just a term, I don't think the * is actually a wildcard in this expression.  I share your pain.

FrozenDragon - I'm only using the Windows application, and the search works in that.  It's weird that it doesn't work for you, too.  Did you try selecting "all notes" before you do the search, so that you're searching all your records?  Otherwise, Evernote applies the search to only the currently selected records and won't deliver complete results.

• Level 5*

Just my 2¢, Evernote needs to:

1. Fix the search syntax so it works on all platforms
  2. Have a screen/window/something that allows mere mortals to do very simple queries on reminders without having to delve into these byzantine commands
    1. all past due reminders
    2. reminders due today
    3. reminders due in X days
    4. reminders with no due dates set

That would cover 99% of what people want to do. For the rest, a good set of search terms that works would be fine.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Bushgang said:

I think somewhere this thread got off track. I was looking for the search that isolated Reminders DUE TODAY. This is what is working for me in Windows and iOS:

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1

In case you want to exclude completed reminders               -reminderDoneTime:*

Archived