(Archived) Scansnap Evernote Wireless Problems

I am setting up the Evernote ScanSnap Scanner just the way as instructed.  With the USB Cable in, I am able to establish the connection with my wireless network.  As soon as I remove the USB cable, as instructed, the connection with wireless network is lost and has to be reestablished with the USB cable.  Help!

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  I know it can be frustrating when you set up new devices,  especially when tech support is thin on the ground during holiday periods.  Best advice at this point is:

• Deep breath
  • Brew or acquire beverage of your choice
  • Switch everything (including your router) off and on again.
  • Restart installation from step 1 following instructions in the documentation and on screen carefully.  Don't worry about installing twice - files will be overwritten anyway.
  • Be specially careful about when you plug things in - sometimes it's software first,  then plug it in - other times it's plug and play.  Start with the scanner at least unplugged from everything except power.
  • If you still have wireless problems,  is your router set up only to accept connections from devices it recognises by MAC code?  (That's probably called 'access control' or something similar..)
  • Is the scanner set up somewhere well away form your computer? Can it get a good wifi signal there?

Have a search online for "evernote scanner setup problems" and see what other questions have been asked in Fujitsu or other online forums.  Include your OS too..

Hope some of that helps..

Archived