(Archived) evernote gets messed up with system refresh in win8

Kibiras

while refreshing Win8 on my laptop (actually it rolls back system to some earlier stable backup point) i did not manage to have my OS stable, so put the laptop on the shelf for a while. but later was very disappointing to find out, that on other devices EM notes were set back to some version of 2 moths earlier. most probably at some point laptop synced the old version (rolled back) to EM server. this you cannot control while refreshing Win8.

what is the best way of preventing that? setting manual sync only? any regular automatic backup solution for EM?

thanks

aldas

• Level 5*

The server checks it's 'master' copy notes,  against a node applying for a connection to sync to that account,  to see whether its individual notes are dated differently to those on the node.  If they are more recent,  then that version is downloaded to the node;  otherwise the node copy is uploaded as being more up to date.  On that basis there's no reason to think that any changes to your Win 8 laptop could have rolled back your notes.  Check on the web client via Evernote.com - are those notes also rolled back 2 months?  If not,  just sync all your devices.

• Level 5*

If the web version of your notes is also out of date it may be worthwhile upgrading to Premium for a month or two (if you're not already there) so that you have the 'roll back' feature available.  If a more up to date version of your notes has been overwritten by an older version you should be able to 'roll back' to the earlier,  more up to date,  version.  It's definitely worth sending a support request,  although with the current year end and holidays I'd imagine the team will be pretty busy on the days they're there.

If you don't find a more up to date version of your notes,  is it possible that you have somehow logged into an old account?

Archived