(Archived) Please explain the Evernote plans

Evernote has gotten so bloated and expansive, I'm not sure I completely understand the advantages of each plan they offer.  

Here's what I gather are the biggest differences:

Basic (free)   Premium ($5/month $45/year)   Business ($10/month/user)

Over the basic plan, premium gets you offline data and more storage and lets you share notebooks.  

Over the premium plan, business gets you more storage and a central owner/manager.

These are all very minimal differences from our perspective.  It's ultimately the same bloated, inefficient product, right?

We have a team of about 12 users. I don't know what plan we have any longer, I got an email saying I'm no longer part of the "Evernote Sponsored Group product".  We can create and share notes and notebooks.  That's all we need.  We don't want or need a central owner or manager.  Are there any other particular advantages I'm missing here?

While I'm at it, can anyone check out my wish list from last year and let me know if any of these features exist?  http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/32382-suggestions-for-evernote-business/

• Level 5*

I think you have the basic differences between plans pretty clear,  and from your wish lost it looks like you're using the wrong product.  None of those items are available without serious compromises on security,  cost and administration - by which I mean you'd need an in-house manager to look after an intranet served from your own internal equipment,  or you'd need to spend considerably more than Evernote charge and store your data on someone else's computer.  And it likely wouldn't be available on half the different platforms that you can access Evernote from.

I'd query your characterisation of Evernote as bloated and inefficient - what's there works well for me,  and I'd view most of your wish list as unneeded bloat.

I'd recommend a few days break and then a review of business collaboration products on the market;  maybe there is something out there that meets your needs.  If not,  and you can spare the time to explain in more detail what you're trying to achieve,  we can maybe suggest some work-arounds and you might inspire the developers to add in a few more useful features...

Just at random (for instance) you mention 'better spreadsheet integration..  ???

• Level 5*

Evernote has gotten so bloated and expansive, I'm not sure I completely understand the advantages of each plan they offer.

These are all very minimal differences from our perspective.  It's ultimately the same bloated, inefficient product, right?

I'm not sure what you're expecting, but when you start out at "bloated", "expansive" (expensive?) and "inefficient", then you just may be looking at the wrong product. At least, that's not what I'd lead off with if I were making a product recommendation to my boss.

One fact that you seem to have missed, though: the free version does let you share notebooks, one of which can be read/write (this is a new feature for the free accounts), and the rest read-only.

Archived