Dave Saunders

Evernote screenshots using wrong region under Mavericks

When I take a screen shot using the Evernote clipper extension in the menu bar, the region clipped is below the region I selected.

For example, in iTunes view the music list, and then take a screen shot of just the "Name" label at the top of the column. What I get is a clip of the songs below the Name label. 

I believe this problem started after installing Mavericks and happens on my MacBook Pro and MacBook Air 100% of the time.

After upgrading to Evernote 5.4.4 just now, this is still happening. 

• Like 1

I have the same problem, but I'm running OS X 10.8.5. So, it doesn't appear to be a Mavericks only issue.

Dave, does this issue happen to you when you have a second monitor plugged in? I'm running mountain lion and this happens ONLY when I have a thunderbolt display plugged in. When the MacBook is being used by itself, with no second monitor, the screen clippings are aligned properly.

Did you solve this issue? I have exactly the same problems when having a thunderbolt display attached - completely wrong region for screenshots :(

This is a known issue and we will have a fix for it in the next release.

While you are waiting, you may be able to work around this by going to System Preferences->Displays->Arrangement, and dragging the toolbar to the screen with the highest top edge.

This is still happening to me today. 

Skitch is grabbing the wrong region. It just started on Friday.