How to create a shortcut?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on 5.4.4, and when I type in a searchterm, ie, "tag:recipe", I get my notes tagged with recipe properly, but I want to add the search to the black "Shortcuts" bar on the left side.

How do I do this?

On the Mac version (5.4.4), you need to create a saved search. Do your search, the go the the Edit menu in the menu bar and choose Find > Save Search. Once you save the search, its name shows up the popup in the search field. Drag the search from the popup (it should appear at the bottom of the popup under Saved Searches) all the way over to the sidebar and drop it in with your other shortcuts.

This seems really roundabout, but it works.

• 6 months later...

Be aware, that there are desktop app specific shortcuts that if you create them are not usable in the web view. There is no messaging in the web view  that indicates it, but it can be confusing. For example, in the desktop app, if you save a search that filters by notebook and tag, and then add it as a shortcut, in web, you will see it, but it is unusable.

I haven't tested it very heavily, it may be that simpler saved searches that are made in to shortcuts also have this problem.

• 3 months later...

I'm on version 6 for mac and don't seem to have the functionality to drag a saved search to short bar anymore... Anybody else experiencing this?

Just tested this with 6.0.3 (released in the last 24hrs). No problems creating a saved search and dragging it to the shortcut area. 

I'm on version 6 for mac and don't seem to have the functionality to drag a saved search to short bar anymore... Anybody else experiencing this?

I have the same problem here. I click on the search field and the list of saved searches pops out but can't seem to drag anything from it.

• 1 year later...
On 5 december 2014 at 0:10 AM, freshy said:

I have the same problem here. I click on the search field and the list of saved searches pops out but can't seem to drag anything from it.

Me too :-(
Although in Dutch, here a screenshots from what I see, no option to save in such a way that I'm able to drag it to the shortcuts :-(

Schermafbeelding 2016-01-08 om 21.09.55.png

Schermafbeelding 2016-01-08 om 21.09.36.png

Apparently, I was too quick replying I had the same issue.
I just found the solution!
It's not too obvious but once you have saved your Searches, you can get the list of saved searches, select/drag the one you need to the Shortcuts column.
See my screenshot which shows you from where you can drag the saved searches (only one shown in my Screenshot).

Schermafbeelding 2016-01-08 om 21.13.40.png

Archived