RCBeall1

windows (Archived) Skitch not working with newest Windows Update

After recently updating to the newest version of Evernote for windows, I have lost the ability to right click on an image and click "markup with skitch."  Now, I have to right click --> open with --> skitch.  Once I do this, I edit my image, and click save.  It saves it back to evernote as a new note...not the note I opened it from.  This is very frustrating.  I use skitch all the time and this makes it very painful to use.  Now, I have to save an image to my desktop, open it in skitch, edit it, save it back to the desktop, and then drag it back to evernote.  This is a very annoying process.  Every time I download an Evernote update I just wait to discover all of the new bugs.  It is very irritating and it needs to be fixed.  

• Like 1

So far as I can tell,  I never had the option to 'markup with Skitch' using an existing image,  and right-clicking just gets me a list of image editors.  'Open with' allows me to save back to the original image if I so wish.  I don't see any problems here...

I agree with RCBeall1!

I recently discovered the ability to repeatedly markup the image by clicking "markup with Skitch", and found it INCREDIBLY useful. It is absolutely an inconvenience to no longer have that option. I too am irritated that I have lost an essential function because I updated to a newer version. The loss of this option makes Evernote less useful to me, just as I was getting into a good workflow with it. This is taking two steps back in what was an impressively efficient process. VERY FRUSTRATING.

• Like 1

So far as I can tell,  I never had the option to 'markup with Skitch' using an existing image,  and right-clicking just gets me a list of image editors.  'Open with' allows me to save back to the original image if I so wish.  I don't see any problems here...

It most definitely used to be a feature.  I don't know what else to say besides I know you could do it because I used to use it.  Maybe you just never noticed, because it was there and many other users will back me up on that.  

• Like 1

I liked having Skitch in the toolbar and was surprised to see it missing from the toolbar today, after running the update yesterday.  It was also not in the options to add to the toolbar.  Please allow Skitch to be included in the normal Windows toolbar again.

• Like 1

I agree that the ability to right click and mark up with Skitch is a step backward.  I used the feature all the time.

Evernote please let us know one way or the other is this a glitch that will be fixed or is it a conscious decision to rescind that feature?

• Like 1

I believe RCBeall1 is correct.  I also have lost the ability to edit images with Skitch following this mornings upgrade of Evernote.  When I "open with Skitch" it simply opens Skitch with a blank page.  Even notes previously created by Skitch cannot be edited by Skitch.  This is clearly a step backward.

• Like 1

I believe RCBeall1 is correct.  I also have lost the ability to edit images with Skitch following this mornings upgrade of Evernote.  When I "open with Skitch" it simply opens Skitch with a blank page.  Even notes previously created by Skitch cannot be edited by Skitch.  This is clearly a step backward.

I sit corrected - see the link in the previous post.

• Like 2