(Archived) Using Evernote on a stand-alone computer

I'm new to Evernote;   I installed the windows setup file on my stand-alone desktop at home- no Evernote, I don't remember what the fail was.  I've registered from my laptop using the wifi at the library this morning, but I didn't get a registration number, so I don't expect that I have anything more tangible to give it to begin its functionality. 

Reading these forums and the EN site, I could impute that it wants to connect to the internet to register me/activate the software, but perhaps someone can explicitly tell me that's the case, or if not, what else might be going wrong.  Is it possible to register the system at the library and copy a registration key from EN's folder on my laptop to my offline desktop? 

I'm at the library now, so I'll take any suggestions that gather here home to try.

Thanks. 

I'm new to Evernote;   I installed the windows setup file on my stand-alone desktop at home- no Evernote, I don't remember what the fail was.  I've registered from my laptop using the wifi at the library this morning, but I didn't get a registration number, so I don't expect that I have anything more tangible to give it to begin its functionality. 

Reading these forums and the EN site, I could impute that it wants to connect to the internet to register me/activate the software, but perhaps someone can explicitly tell me that's the case, or if not, what else might be going wrong.  Is it possible to register the system at the library and copy a registration key from EN's folder on my laptop to my offline desktop? 

I'm at the library now, so I'll take any suggestions that gather here home to try.

Thanks. 

Evernote is free to use, so there is no reg code.  You do have to create an account & in order to invoke the Evernote app, you need to have internet access in order to log into your account.

So - no Evernote for the unconnected is the last word?

Evernote is a cloud app.  Clouds require internet connection.  There is a workaround in that after you log in, you can simply create & use local (non-sync'd) notebooks.  As long as you don't log out of your account (only exit EN), you can continue this way.  You will need to make sure you do your own backups and if you ever accidentally log out or need to install on another computer, you will need to have internet connection to log in again.

Archived