(Archived) Evernote as email?

I want to create some evernote notebooks that will just suck in all my current gmail subscriptions so that way I wouldn't have to bother with opening up gmail for that. I'm wondering if I can skip my gmail entirely and just use my evernote address itself? Most importantly is it safe / smart to do either options? I get like dozens of email subscriptions at a given moment so I'm wondering then if html emails are going to suck up available data quickly also?

Thanks!

I want to create some evernote notebooks that will just suck in all my current gmail subscriptions so that way I wouldn't have to bother with opening up gmail for that. I'm wondering if I can skip my gmail entirely and just use my evernote address itself? Most importantly is it safe / smart to do either options? I get like dozens of email subscriptions at a given moment so I'm wondering then if html emails are going to suck up available data quickly also?

Thanks!

I would suggest you do not use your Evernote email address.  Over the past year, I've been unsubscribing from the various emails I get from companies I haven't purchased from in a couple of years or message boards I no longer consider germane to my lifestyle/workflow.  I'd say about 1/4-1/3 are problematic as far as getting off their email list.  There's even one in particular that I've unsubscribed from about five times in various ways & have finally given up.  (For now.)  Anyway, my point is, giving out your Evernote email address means you cannot control what is sent to your account & what will consume your monthly upload limit.  Sure, you can change your EN email address.  But then you'd have to change it for all the things you still want to go there.  SO...IMO, it's best to utilize the forwarding function.  That's what I do.

Thanks!

I would suggest you do not use your Evernote email address.  Over the past year, I've been unsubscribing from the various emails I get from companies I haven't purchased from in a couple of years or message boards I no longer consider germane to my lifestyle/workflow.  I'd say about 1/4-1/3 are problematic as far as getting off their email list.  There's even one in particular that I've unsubscribed from about five times in various ways & have finally given up.  (For now.)  Anyway, my point is, giving out your Evernote email address means you cannot control what is sent to your account & what will consume your monthly upload limit.  Sure, you can change your EN email address.  But then you'd have to change it for all the things you still want to go there.  SO...IMO, it's best to utilize the forwarding function.  That's what I do.

Thank you soo much! I also thought too that if I subscribed to a site that implemented absolutely no email opt-out selection that I would be doomed and ultimately have those specific emails indefinitely coming in. I'm going to go ahead and stick to the safer side and just use gmail filters. I have a current email subscription that had the option to sub out and I've done and followed everything possible to get out but it ignores me. I have ultimately labeled them as spam via a filter.

Archived