Can you archive old notebooks?

vurtual

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found a rather clumsy way around this problem. .

1. Create or chose a folder location for your penultimate archived notebooks.

2. Using the Evernote client (mine is on a PC), make a copy of the note and copy it to the archive folder.  (I can only figure out how to copy a note with the Evernote client, if it can be done on the web version or iPad app, I'd love to know how!

3. Delete the original notebook either in Evernote or in Penultimate.  When everything is synced, the copy will still be available, but the original will be gone Evernote and Penultimate.

By doing this, you would still be able to view the notebook in Evernote.  If you ever want to continue using it in Penultimate, just copy the archived notebook back to your Penultimate folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found a rather clumsy way around this problem. .

1. Create or chose a folder location for your penultimate archived notebooks.

2. Using the Evernote client (mine is on a PC), make a copy of the note and copy it to the archive folder.  (I can only figure out how to copy a note with the Evernote client, if it can be done on the web version or iPad app, I'd love to know how!

3. Delete the original notebook either in Evernote or in Penultimate.  When everything is synced, the copy will still be available, but the original will be gone Evernote and Penultimate.

By doing this, you would still be able to view the notebook in Evernote.  If you ever want to continue using it in Penultimate, just copy the archived notebook back to your Penultimate folder.

I tried your way but unfortunately it doesn't work now. Even if I copy the note to my hdd, delete the notebook from Penultimate and then re-add the note from my hdd to Evernote, the notebook appears again in Penultimate and when I delete it - my new copy of the note is gone from Evernote.

For now I can't find any way to leave my notes only in Evernote (not in EN + Penultimate) and I find it really ridiculous.

Archived