Tag searches offline not working

Hi

I have a premium account and have made all notebooks available offline, for both Android and iOS devices.

I don't seem to be able to search Tags when offline with the Android. I can search for specific Notebooks and words but not Tags.

It works fine on my iPad, just wondering if this is a bug on Android.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Ah.  Small problem there - no connection,  no search hits,  although I looked for a tag that I know is in my offline notes,  and I have "offline searches" on in the global settings.  OK this one's above my pay grade - suggest you raise a support ticket (see below) and get an incident number to report this.

Ah.  Small problem there - no connection,  no search hits,  although I looked for a tag that I know is in my offline notes,  and I have "offline searches" on in the global settings.  OK this one's above my pay grade - suggest you raise a support ticket (see below) and get an incident number to report this.

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I will raise a support ticket. I have "offline searches" enabled too, but it still doesn't work

Regards

Yes I've experienced this problem too.

Tag searches are touch and go when I have a connection (i.e. selecting 2 tags at the same time usually doesn't work). But go offline and nothing comes up with a tag search.

• 1 month later...

I have had this same problem since October - many updates ago.

Have worked with Evernote support several times but still offline search does not work. There have been several upgrades which support says should fix the issue but nothing has worked.

Specifically: I have a group of lists with check boxes.  I have a search that returns the list if any of the check boxes are not checked.  Works great when I have a connection but returns nothing when offline.

Anyone know why this should not work with a premium account? Very frustrating.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

I have had this same problem since October - many updates ago.

Have worked with Evernote support several times but still offline search does not work. There have been several upgrades which support says should fix the issue but nothing has worked.

Specifically: I have a group of lists with check boxes.  I have a search that returns the list if any of the check boxes are not checked.  Works great when I have a connection but returns nothing when offline.

Anyone know why this should not work with a premium account? Very frustrating.

Thanks.

It seems to be a bug - as I said earlier this is above my (un)pay grade.  Please submit another ticket if your initial reports have expired by now and post the number here - I'll flag it for some attention,  though Evernote seem to be busy bug fixing at the moment... 

Ticket #314849 - this is the third ticket on this same topic and Evernote support has never told me the search was too elaborate. They have my error logs so one would think they would let me know.

I will try changing the search to include only one tag to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Archived