martie6

windows Feature request: keyboard shortcut to change note's notebook

Idea

I'd love a keyboard short to change the notebook assigned to a note. A shortcut key to open the list of notebooks to choose from, perhaps.

• Like 1

11 replies to this idea

You can change the notebook from the note header - click on the notebook name for a dropdown of the available options.  Not a keyboard shortcut I know,  but in this case the number of keypresses to get to a window or field with a 'change' option,  then to find the correct alternative notebook and assign it to the note would seem to be far more than the effort to mouseclick something onscreen.

I agree with the OP.  A shortcut is needed (naturally with autocomplete).  Reaching for the mouse to assign a notebook each time is a major break in flow. 

Shortcut should be [F4] which would give the following workflow:

[F2] Change note name
[F3] Add tags
[F4] Move to notebook.

• Like 1

+1 vote from me to have this feature added.  Having to reach for the mouse each time is a real break down in the workflow.

I agree with James74's suggestion of using F4 as it creates a nice workflow.

• Like 1

+1 from me, this is defninitely one of the shortcuts I miss the most in Evernote Win! Afaik the Mac Version can do it.

[F2] Change note name

[F3] Add tags

[F4] Move to notebook.

+1, yes, please!!!

+1 :)

As far I see there's something like "Choose Notebook for Selected Note" for Mac (https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168732?noredirect), yet I'm unable to see such shortcut for Windows, I've just reported that issue to Evernote, we'll see what happens.

I found a shorcut work around B) but it involves navigating your note "away" to a different notebook.  Perhaps I'm just being stupid.  In fact I am a bit stupid.  but I suspect this might work:

from within a note

Press ALT and let go

your menu should light up

Press N

Note sub-menu should pop-up

Press V

"MoVe to Notebook"

this will give you some Notebooks you can move your note to

CURSOR DOWN to your desired notebook and press RETURN

Problem is now your note goes away (!).  So you need to navigate...

Press F2 - TAB - TAB and CURSOR UP works for me

It depends how you have your navigation views open though. 

I tend to be in "All Notes" but it might be different if you're working on a specific Notebook

you might have to do a bit of juggling around :huh:

I would like to see an [F4] shortcut key please!

+1

Cheers,

Pablo.

+1 here. If i'm going to pay more for EN now I need at least one more perk. This is my number one time suck when doing my daily (cough..cough..weekly....) note organization process.

Upcoming 6.2 Beta 1 has two new shortcuts:

Alt+Shift+M invokes Note / Move to Notebook dialog which allows you to move currently selected notes into another notebook.

Alt+Shift+B invokes Note Info / [Notebook V] button Notebook Picker which allows you to move the note into another notebook.

UIs above are somewhat redundant, however the first one allows you to move more than one note and the second one is available in the Single Note View.