ScanSnap Manager in Mavericks stopped recognizing Evernote for Mac

Visible Boot

Fujitsu ScanSnap Manager for my s1300i has stopped recognizing that Evernote for Mac is installed.  It reports that it can't find or install EN, even though it's already running.  

This happens when I try to select either of the two Evernote icons (pdf or jpg).  The other menu items seem to work--e.g., I can still save to Google or to a folder, and it can still save as an OCR-enabled PDF.  So I can still drag them to Evernote after scanning to a folder.  But those two Evernote icons just stopped working.

I emailed EN, and the person replied that they only support the new ScanSnap for Evernote machine, and that I should just try uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote--other than that, sorry, can't help you.

This seems to have happened approximately when I upgraded my OS to Mavericks; but I'm not sure it was exactly then.  But the problem appeared on two different Macs at almost the same time; so I wonder if it's a problem with the OS.

This is disappointing, since I think I've seen a number of people on various blogs complaining about a similar problem.  I'd think that if Evernote wants to be seen as working well with a scanner, they'd try to support such a popular one.  Also it's frustrating because it DID work, and suddenly stopped. 

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my ScanSnap S1300 after upgrading to Maverick.  I used the online chat with Evernote but they basically told me it wasn't their problem, which is frustrating as a Premium user - especially when I see on other postings that Evernote is supposedly working on the problem.  I updated my ScanSnap Manager software to version 3.2L63, but the problem persisted.  I read on other posts that some had success in shutting all programs and their Mac down and starting fresh.

I tried this and it worked - so far.

Archived