REQUEST: remember reading position in notes

pembala

Idea

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

As a workaround, you could use a string like ##$$# or whatever that isn't going to be used anywhere else and just insert it when you have finished reading. Search for that string when you want to recover your position.

Like BnF, I'd be really surprised if Evernote implemented anything to specifically address this requirement in the near future.

i'd like to request this also.  searching on google i see this as being requested many times over the course of a few years.  considering how much time myself and probably lots of others spend in evernote on a daily basis, and how much time i spend scrolling back to where i was reading before, this would be a huge improvement in the usability of the software and also the quality of our lives.  this feature should especially be added to the embedded apps also, since in those you can't open separate windows.  please please please add this feature.  thanks in advance!

+1, it'll be good to have this feature. Instapaper does this and although EN is not "in that business", I cant imagine this would take months of effort for EN to implement this! (of course depending on where it falls in the prioritisation).

I want to use Evernote to collect and organize a large amount of technical documentation and not having this feature is pretty much a deal breaker for me.  Oh well, I guess I'll check back occasionally and see if they've added it.

This feature would make reading multiple notes and PDFs much easier to allow cross referencing whilst creating new notes. I am surprised that this feature is lacking. 

@BurgersNFries

How is reading and comparing notes easily and compiling multiple documents to read not 'the kind of thing Evernote is about'? It seems quite a desirable feature from this thread

@Reading: you may have a look on Scrivener, which provides a good note structuring mechanism and better editor as well, but dependant on how you want to work you need to see if your workflow is covered. There's a trial version. iOS version of Scrivener is coming soon (at last) which is when I will quit using Evernote

+1

I use evernote for college notes and it is increasingly frustrating trying to move between long notes and scrolling to where I left off.

Paying user here but will not be renewing unless this is fixed. AFAIK OneNote has this feature (on windows anyway).

Archived