Evernote and Pocket - Used to work, now doesn't

I used to be able to share an Evernote note (Windows client, right-click, Share -> Copy Note URL To Clipboard), paste its URL into a (Chrome) browser window, and then use the "Save To Pocket" extension to save the note in Pocket for reading later.

Now, for some reason, this doesn't work. In Pocket I get a new item with the correct heading, but with the following body text:

Enter passphrase to view content

Hint: {{hint}}

Your passphrase will not be transmitted to the server.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong here, and how to get around it?

I searched for "Your passphrase will not be transmitted to the server." and saw a few results (but not all, by any means) which referenced Evernote. None of the results I looked at referenced Pocket, leading me to think that the problem was on Evernote's side, rather than Pocket's.

• Level 5*

All I can offer is that I've never seen that message - though I don't use Pocket in that way;  I put stuff in there direct that I may want to shunt into Evernote.  It's my "save for a while and think about it" folder,  rather than a definite "keep".

You can wait for some other suggestions here,  but I'd also suggest raising it in any other Pocket related forums (fora?) that you can find.  You could also try a support ticket to see if the guru squad have any ideas..

I face the same issue: Create an evernote ==> generate a public share link  ==> send to pocket (thorugh IFTTT). on the pocket, it shows the same error.. 

Enter passphrase to view content

Hint: {{hint}}

Your passphrase will not be transmitted to the server.

No clue yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived