(Archived) Evernote is extremly slow on Windows 7

GER_TX

Ok, again from the German side a question.

The problem came up that someone uses just one Notebook as the temp notebook he saves everything in and than when he has time, he moves it to the other notebooks.

He stated that it takes a really long time to get the data out of this notebook, with reall waiting time involved and he was wondering if there is anything he can do to speed it up.

He would ask customer support, but he doesn't speak English, so I would need help here.

He tried to reindex it but it didn't change anything.

• Level 5*

Don't know why it takes a long time to move notes - unless there are a lot of notes,  or the notes are very large.  Might be an idea to reinstall Evernote to see if that speeds things up.  The obvious way to speed things up would be not to move them at all - could these notes be saved directly into the correct notebook by emailing them with the right @<notebook> #<tag> details appended to the title?

I agree concerning Evernotes 5 slowness. I do not understand what was the huge improvement in this version? Yes, I waited reminders. But I didn't expect strange changes in GUI and these annoying awkwardness. At the same time the HTML editor still very poor with many bugs. I want to hear some feedback from the developers, otherwise I am ready to downgrade...

• Level 5*

I agree concerning Evernotes 5 slowness. I do not understand what was the huge improvement in this version? Yes, I waited reminders. But I didn't expect strange changes in GUI and these annoying awkwardness. At the same time the HTML editor still very poor with many bugs. I want to hear some feedback from the developers, otherwise I am ready to downgrade...

This is a user forum, and while Evernote staff do occasionally participate, there's no guarantees that they will. It's usually best if you have actual questions; those can sometimes get answered (either by Evernote staff or knowledgeable users).

This is a user forum, and while Evernote staff do occasionally participate, there's no guarantees that they will. It's usually best if you have actual questions; those can sometimes get answered (either by Evernote staff or knowledgeable users).

The problem is that there is no German customer support and I can't ask the customer support about other accounts.

There are plenty of German customers as the Deutsche Telekom is giving one year premium accounts away for free.

But as far as I was told, there is no German customer support at all.

In 99% of the question the answer is to reinstall EN.

Only one person had gotten an answer in German, but after it didn't work, he never got an answer.

I know that EN wanted to get German customer support, but as far as I know there still is none, so this here is the only place that works as they also are not checking the largest Google+ German EN group.

I am not sure how to tell them that at the moment they are losing customers, maybe you know how to do so.

• Level 5

This is not what I experienced. I got all my replies to support requests in German even when I started it in English. I even did get one answer where I had the feeling that the person didn't understand my English. Most of the answers were quite specific and not just recommended to reinstall the app. I think Evernote has an office in Switzerland and possibly they provide German language support.

Archived