(Archived) Problems with version 5.4.4 for MAC

ja_glover

Idea

Anyone else having problems with the latest version? 

Evernote was working absolutely fine until I downloaded the latest 'update' - version 5.4.4 for MAC

Since then, I haven't been able to use Evernote on my laptop, and it doesn't update. Every 5 seconds there's this annoying message:

'Please check your internet connection or try again later' message.

I have tried:  reinstalling the software 3 times. Deleting & reinstalling again. Looking at preferences, checking internet settings, etc. etc. etc.

I have contacted Evernote through their website on the HELP section 3 times, but still, no-one has responded….

Any ideas?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Evernote support work office hours pacific time so you won't hear from them over the weekend. If you received a ticket number then you are in their support queue. Premium customers get dealt with first.

Not sure if this is the best place to share this or maybe I should start a separate topic.

Just upgraded to 5.4.4 and have noticed a couple issues.  These could have been there in prior releases.  Not sure.

• Created a note in Skitch and synched to Evernote.  When I click on the share icon and "Copy Share Link", it looks like it works but there's no URL to paste.  Get nothing every time.  Sharing within Skitch itself seems okay.
  • Once I've enabled sharing for a note, I try to "Open URL in Browser" and nothing happens.
  • Direct image URL from Skitch won't open in Safari.  Works fine in Chrome.  This doesn't sound like an Evernote issue, just wondering if there's a workaround in Safari.

Just a few things I've noticed so far.

If you are running macs with 10.6.X or anything less, start weeping. It's been bypassed by Evernote.  5.4.4. has a whole host of problems not least of which is ruining the directory set-up on the hard disk.  Everytime I use Evernote now I have to repair the disk. Oh hum.

• Level 5*

If you are running macs with 10.6.X or anything less, start weeping. It's been bypassed by Evernote.  5.4.4. has a whole host of problems not least of which is ruining the directory set-up on the hard disk.  Everytime I use Evernote now I have to repair the disk. Oh hum.

I am not running 10.6, so I have no knowledge about ruined directories, so I wanted some details. Could you let us know what has been ruined? Also, are you running the direct download (highly recommended) or appstore version (I don't recommend this)?

Archived