Premium Account - Help! Can't edit shared notes.

GMGNY

Idea

Hello,

A colleague and I both have premium accounts.  She has shared some notes with me and I can see them, but I can't edit them.  I did notice a message that says "You cannot edit this note because it is in a read-only shared notebook."

On her end, there's no option in the sharing drop-down to select Edit.

How can we resolve this issue so we can both edit the note?

Thanks in advance,

Morgan

PS- I tried contact Evernote support a few weeks ago, but I still haven't received a reply to my email.  I signed on the live chat once for a few hours, but no one responded.  Hoping I have more luck in the forum!

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - in this case I'm afraid there isn't a work-around.

The sharing process in a Premium account includes the option to share with or without editing.  Your colleague will have to re-share that notebook with you including editing privileges.  Check that she is premium if she doesn't see the edit option.  Check that she's sharing (or re-sharing) the notebook and not just the note.

Hello,

A colleague and I both have premium accounts.  She has shared some notes with me and I can see them, but I can't edit them.  I did notice a message that says "You cannot edit this note because it is in a read-only shared notebook."

On her end, there's no option in the sharing drop-down to select Edit.

How can we resolve this issue so we can both edit the note?

Thanks in advance,

Morgan

PS- I tried contact Evernote support a few weeks ago, but I still haven't received a reply to my email.  I signed on the live chat once for a few hours, but no one responded.  Hoping I have more luck in the forum!

The proper support method Is to submit a support ticket. Link is on the support page & my sig.

Thanks for your replies.  I'll try gazumped's suggestion.

I submitted Ticket# 247286 about 3 weeks ago.  If any Evernote people are reading this, please respond to my ticket.

So far all I've received is an automated reply...

Thanks for contacting Evernote support. We're currently experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of requests, so we may not be able to get to your case as fast as we would like. Thanks for your patience while we work on your issue.

Have a great day and thanks for being an Evernote user.

Evan A.
Customer Support Manager
Evernote

Same issue. It started as of 10/3. I can even create a shared note, but not edit it.  Chrome and Safari. 

From Service:

It was just brought to my attention this is an issue we are aware of and working to resolve. Currently there is no option to edit shared notebooks on Evernote Web. If possible I would suggest installing the Evernote desktop application as this issue does not persist in the Evernote desktop application.

I am also a Premium user and have shared a notebook (with edit rights) with a non-premium user.

Having written a note in another notebook, and then moved it to the shared notebook, I now cannot edit it myself.

Archived