jot script problems

rpmedina

Need help with my new jot script!

First of all, getting the jot was a fiasco to begin with, but that is a topic for another day. I was going to give this as a gift, but it didnt reach me in time, so i had to make other arrangements.

Get the pen and started using it, it works well. I love how it feels like a pen and the tip is so small.

The main problem is that it turns off in the middle of writing! I thought it was a battery issue, so i replaced the battery after 2 days of use. But no, its still happening.

Does anyone have a fix or am i doomed to keep hitting the on button?

From Jot Script Tech support

Dear Raymond,

That's correct, the Jot Script green light goes off to save power. You know it's still connected to Penultimate, by looking in the app and seeing the connection icon and the connection status in the app settings.

Adonit Support

Sorry Adonit Support you got it wrong!

Many users struggle with the Jot Script going into sleep or signaling "low battery" while they work with it. This should not happen!

It is not that the specific app doesn't see the pen anymore, it stops working completely, even in apps that are not "Jot ready", until it is restarted by a button press. VERY ANNOYING!

Thanks kug! I thought it was just me.

Its not limited to penultimate, i could be surfing the web on safari, and it would stop working! I mainly use the jot in noteshelf, writing almost 3 pages of notes a day, you can see how frustrated i get in mid word having to turn it back on.

Is there some kind of settings where i can adjust the turn off period?

nothing?..

This is the worst product i have ever purchased. Im so glad i didnt give this as a gift.

Brand new batteries in the damn thing and it still turns off in mid word. There has to be a defect! Can to exchange it for a working jot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received my Jot Script, Evernote edition, a few days ago and now I'm ready to send it back.  I've seen quite a few issues using it, from it turning off, to not registering all of a stroke, to registration when it's not touching the screen, and to the worst, you can't slowly draw a straight diagonal line. (If you go fast to you get a smooth diagonal, but trying going slow and you'll see what happens.) As for "pixelpoint", well I wouldn't call it pixel perfect.  I've been through a number of apps and tested an iPad 4 as well as an iPad Air. It definitely seems to be an issue with the pen itself. Software updates may mitigate some of the issues with individual apps, but the device itself doesn't seem ready for prime time.  I delayed purchasing a Jot Pro in order to get the Script, but I just tested my Script side by side with a borrowed Pro, and the Pro is a better product.

Pretty disappointed with the Adonit script.  There is a significant problem with offset, i.e. the pen touches one part of the screen but writes 3-5 mm above the point of contact.  Makes writing very unnatural (which was my motivation for getting the stylus to begin with).

I am also quite dismayed at the quality of Jot Script. I had high expectations being a Penultimate and Evernote user for years, however, within a few minutes of using the pen I noticed the tip was not tightly bound to the pen frame. It's loose and imprecise.

How do I return this? I'm not interested in a replacement because of the many other issues that I have also experienced.

IMG_7154.jpg

• Level 5*

I am also quite dismayed at the quality of Jot Script. I had high expectations being a Penultimate and Evernote user for years, however, within a few minutes of using the pen I noticed the tip was not tightly bound to the pen frame. It's loose and imprecise.

How do I return this? I'm not interested in a replacement because of the many other issues that I have also experienced.

IMG_7154.jpg

Hi. Sorry to hear about that. If you bought it from Adonit, contact Adonit. If you bought it from Evernote, contact Evernote (see the Support link in my signature).

A month into this purchase and i can honestly say this is the worst purchase i have ever made for the IPad! No wonder there is a no return policy, adonit and evernote would go under in shipping charges alone.

Im trying to make the best of a bad situation, but its very hard. The thing eats batteries to the tune of one a week. You would think keeping a fresh battery in the thing would stop it from turing off in mid word....nope. Its still doing that.

The one thing that irks me the most is the lack of help from adonit. They seem like they could care less that im having an issue with this thing. First and last thing im ever purchasing from this company.

• Level 5*

A month into this purchase and i can honestly say this is the worst purchase i have ever made for the IPad! No wonder there is a no return policy, adonit and evernote would go under in shipping charges alone.

Im trying to make the best of a bad situation, but its very hard. The thing eats batteries to the tune of one a week. You would think keeping a fresh battery in the thing would stop it from turing off in mid word....nope. Its still doing that.

The one thing that irks me the most is the lack of help from adonit. They seem like they could care less that im having an issue with this thing. First and last thing im ever purchasing from this company.

I have had a very different experience with Adonit customer service, the stylus, and writing. Could you tell us which app(s) you are using?

I mostly use noteshelf. I have been using this program for over a year and love it. I like that it syncs with evernote so i can refer back to a note from wherever i am. But as i write, the thing shuts off. I change the battery with the same result. I also tried penultimate with the same results.

my JotScript arrived today. VERY disappointed as it is misbehaves all the time just as described in the forum and whether using penultimate or not. Some strokes are not recognised and others only partially so.

I need support to respond to this and advise a fix as from a product point of view this doesn't look to be of merchantable quality - I had high hopes but it's failed to deliver so far.

regards

Dave

Earlier today I received a response from Jot (Adonit) Support whom I bought my Jot Script from, and the agent was very forthcoming, apologetic, and offered to send me a new one. I'm not sure this is necessarily good news as it's been quite painful just testing this product, but it seemed like a reasonable and good faith gesture. He also indicated it was my choice - refund or replacement. Alpha 2 coming up!

Got my Jot Script and it stays on about 20 seconds before it needs to be reset. Terrible problem, can't tell if it's a good stylus or not yet as it craps out before I can write anything.

Looks like a global problem from the posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my JotScript. Logged a ticket and sent some demonstrations of the problems. They have told me its a software bug and its being passed to development. I have responded indicating its nothing to do with Penultimate and happens all the time. Still waiting a response.

DrMorris' assertion is reasonable - a product should possess some of the basic things that make it reasonably useful. Maintaining connectivity and battery life seem like they fall into that category. I'm not sure what the refund policy is for Jots purchased through Evernote, but the Adonit support person I'm working with was clear that I could have a refund. I chose to give it another go and now with a second Jot Script in hand, I can see that the first unit I received was likely damaged in transit - the tip was snapped so the drawing sensitivity was compromised.

My experience is now focused on a working version and I too have seen the battery drain quickly and connectivity is a bit unpredictable. But a bigger issue - the pen doesn't seem to calibrate closely to the point at which the tip is touching the tablet screen. It's off about 2 to 6 pixels and the offset seems to vary from use to use. This is like watching a movie where the sound is out of sync from the actor's mouth movements - it's very troubling.

I mostly use noteshelf. I have been using this program for over a year and love it. I like that it syncs with evernote so i can refer back to a note from wherever i am. But as i write, the thing shuts off. I change the battery with the same result. I also tried penultimate with the same results.

I think you are misusing the world "sync", right? you can export stuff from Noteshelf into Evernote, but I wouldn't call this "sync" but rather export. Penultimate does do full sync with Evernote.

I've been a frustrated Penultimate  + Jot Script for weeks, and a couple of days ago I decided I would give Noteshelf a try... I'm extremely enthusiastic about Noteshelf right now. The user experience is magnificent, though there are a few features, UI and Usability aspects that I would really love to see solved.

As per Jot Script automatically shutting off, I contacted Adonit last week (I had not yet discovered the smooth user experience with Noteshelf and thus I was frustrated and infuriated), and they got back to me saying they recommend lithium-based batteries; the reason is that supposedly alkaline-based batteries do not provide enough power.

I will report back on the battery thing, but I'm extremely delighted with Noteshelf. 

Too bad Noteshelf can't compete with Penultimate in what refers to Evernote integration. Evernote should either seriously improve Penultimate (it is not on par with Noteshelf, Notes Plus, etc.), or ditch it and allow state-of-the-art note taking apps to fully sync with Evernote.

• 3 weeks later...

the jot script sucks. It doesn't stay connected. When it is connected the writing is not responsive. It would be much easier to write anywhere else and put into ever note. I'm a big ever note fan but this is terrible. Not sure why they are promoting this piece of garbage.

I've not had much joy from Adonit so far - trying again this evening.  Evernote were helpful and apologetic but unable to help as the purchase was through Adonit (my bad).  I am pretty staggered that Evernote have chosen to put their name against this product as from what I can see on these forums, it sets expectations high but delivers very little over the £6 GBP equivalent.

I am hopeful they will be more helpful on a full refund, but @Bill French makes me think I shoudl ask for a replacement first - although mine is not physically damaged, just misbehaves all the time.

Any thoughts anyone?

oh my goodness. Adnonit have really dropped the ball here. Purchased the tote and jot script (from Adonit) and I have to agree with the majority. The pen is dreadful.. unreliable, inconsistent and other than how it feels in your hand - it has no redeeming features at all.

The worst thing is I hear Adonit wont refund postage charges so my £80 investment is pretty much doomed. I'm going to contact Adnonit today - I'll keep you posted.

If you are considering an Jot Script, don't do what I did and decide the issues were arising through incorrect use.. it just isn't a usable device.

To the Evernote guys - I appreciate that this isn't your fault but this pen has your name on it - you need to get on the case to protect your brand.

Watch this space..

• Level 5*

oh my goodness. Adnonit have really dropped the ball here. Purchased the tote and jot script (from Adonit) and I have to agree with the majority. The pen is dreadful.. unreliable, inconsistent and other than how it feels in your hand - it has no redeeming features at all.

The worst thing is I hear Adonit wont refund postage charges so my £80 investment is pretty much doomed. I'm going to contact Adnonit today - I'll keep you posted.

If you are considering an Jot Script, don't do what I did and decide the issues were arising through incorrect use.. it just isn't a usable device.

To the Evernote guys - I appreciate that this isn't your fault but this pen has your name on it - you need to get on the case to protect your brand.

Watch this space..

Have you tried it with a variety of apps? I am quite pleased with ZoomNotes. With regular battery changes, I've found the writing experience to be wonderful.

I am hopeful they will be more helpful on a full refund, but @Bill French makes me think I shoudl ask for a replacement first - although mine is not physically damaged, just misbehaves all the time.

Any thoughts anyone?

I contacted Adonit shortly before christmas. They were very helpful and I received a replacement with very little questions asked. They even refunded the shipping costs to Taiwan. Very good and friendly customer service.

The new stylus works better than the one before, until now I had no unexpected disconnects. I mainly asked for a refund because my stylus was eating batteries like crazy. The first battery in the replacement lasted for three days, the second one now lasts for more than one week (with 2-6 hrs of daily use). I suspect that the pen pulls energy from the battery even if it is off, so I took the habit of removing the battery when I finish note taking for the day.

I gave up early on using Penultimate, because it is not very responsive, wrist protection works only partly but mainly because it syncs always complete notebooks to Evernote. I would prefer that notes taken on separate days were uploaded as separate notes in Evernote.

I am quite satisfied with the new Jot Script. I would appreciate if the user could set the period until the pen goes to sleep, but otherwise it is the best stylus I used until now.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Adonit shortly before christmas. They were very helpful and I received a replacement with very little questions asked. They even refunded the shipping costs to Taiwan. Very good and friendly customer service.

I need to ask for a replacement for my Evernote Jot Script. Where can i find the page/form to ask the replacement? Can you post the link here?

• Level 5*

I need to ask for a replacement for my Evernote Jot Script. Where can i find the page/form to ask the replacement? Can you post the link here?

I think you can just contact customer support. See the link in my signature for support.

Update on my troublesome Joyscript:-

Have contacted Adonit regarding my problems and they are sending a replacement to see how this behaves. Option of a refund also there but it seems I would suffer customs duty and delivery costs if I went this route. Not ideal but hopefully avoidable as expecting great things from the replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

For those with battery issues, we have some additional information for you:

This stylus’ performance is optimized when used with a 1.5V AAA battery. That being said, you can certainly use other AAA batteries with this stylus. Below you will find the average battery life of this stylus when used with various AAA batteries.

1. Lithium non-rechargeable 1.5V AAA (pen down time battery life: 12-14 hours).
2. Alkaline non-rechargeable 1.5V AAA (pen down time battery life: 7-9 hours).
3. Ni-MH rechargeable 1.2V AAA (5 hours).
4. Carbon-Zinc 1.5V AAA (3-5 hours).

If you happen to use rechargeable batteries, please know that their power output will diminish over time. That being said, if you experience less than optimal results with your stylus, while using a rechargeable battery, please replace the battery. Doing so should improve your stylus’ performance.

I just received my Jot Script from Amazon yesterday and I've only managed to get it to connect to Penultimate twice. I don't think I've ever been this frustrated with a piece of technology. I've tried new batteries twice. Even when it connected, it only stayed connected for a few moments. I'm returning it this weekend and calling this a complete and utter failure.

So, how did it end for me:

After two months I received a free one year premium subscription from Evernote

An I received a Jot-script replacement -thanks for that to.

Works slightly better than the old one, but only slightly.

Goodnotes works best, I think, Penultimate is still pretty useless.

I had higher expectations, I must admit.

Pretty disappointed with the Adonit script.  There is a significant problem with offset, i.e. the pen touches one part of the screen but writes 3-5 mm above the point of contact.  Makes writing very unnatural (which was my motivation for getting the stylus to begin with).

I see the same thing. When I use my finger, it seems pretty smooth and fluid. There are two modes for writing in Penultimate: coarse mode and fine mode. The fine mode is also called 'drift' mode where you pinch zoom to where you want to write then the touch screen 'pixels' or points have more resolution. This allows the stylus to write finer. Still, it tends to miss 'guess' as the stylus tip gets close to the surface and lay down somewhere where the tip isn't. But as I continue to write, it catches up.

Bottom line, until Adonit fixes the oddities how the two interpret, I guess we eat the $$$ amount for it.

I when I draw, the line appears on the screen slightly offset from the point of touch, which makes it challenging for me to draw fine details or even properly form characters after lifting the pen off the screen. I've tired holding the pen essentially vertically, but there's still enough of an offset to make it difficult.

I can't believe that anyone could have drawn those beautiful demo pictures shown on the website if this is what they had to deal with?

Someone told me that ZoomNotes works with this pen and that they had to incorporate a calibration step for it to work reliably.

Is there a way to calibrate the pen inside Penultimate?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Script yesterday. It's garbage. Bought every App in the Store just in case Penultimate was the issue - it wasn't.

I have a Jot Flip and side by side its better.

I am a HUGE Evernote user and have found that, unfortunately, so far the Evernote branded accessories have been hopeless. I bought the Moleskine notebooks but was amazed to find that I captured photos of the page plus whatever else was in shot - no different to taking a regular photo and emailing it.

So, I will stick to my Whitelines Link notebooks (looking forward to the Leuchtturm version) - which has a properly executed capture method that syncs automatically with EN.

I've contacted Adonit to ask for a refund - will see how I go.

UPDATE: 

So here's what happens when you associate your brand with another - that cares less about its customers than you do:

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
http://support.adonit.net/requests/55338

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Jon, Apr 01 10:21:

Dear Andy,

Thanks for getting in touch, we're sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Please feel free to return it to the place of purchase for a refund, since they have your money (we don't).

Jon
Adonit Support

Glib, disinterested, sarcastic.

They can stick their products from now on and if EN have any sense they will think twice about future projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have reviewed this forum — I thought I was alone in this — I had them replace my Jot Script — had to mail the bloody thing to the far east  — then prove I had done so — then they shipped me new equally horrible product — why on earth does Evernote continue to support this… I think we should all ask for refunds and if we get any grief then class action time (although too small a case for the lawyers who love this stuff) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the Adonit Jot Script and I could not be more disappointed.  It is unreliable, glitchy and a complete waste of money.  I could not be more frustrated with this "product".  Does anyone know of stylus that actually works as advertised?

i bought mine through Evernote. I quit using it. $80.00 bucks down the drain. Stops, turns off, writing is horrible, palm rat does seem to want to play nice. Case thrown away (my mistake), so I can't return for refund.

My second one works ok. It still uses plenty of batteries (1 per week), but it writes very good with Notability, GoodNotes and Notes Plus. I won't complain, because it's still the only stylus that works well on my iPad Air with ZAGG screen protector.

I purchased the Adonit Jot Script and I could not be more disappointed.  It is unreliable, glitchy and a complete waste of money.  I could not be more frustrated with this "product".  Does anyone know of stylus that actually works as advertised?

I've found the best stylus is one of those $5 ones with the rubbery tip. Here is the best test for any stylus. Go to a PenUltimate page and slowly draw a straight line diagonally from lower-left to upper-right and see how smooth the line is. I tried this with Adonit and Cregle Ink and a cheap stylus and the latter was the best. So, save your money and go with the cheapy. It is the most accurate and best value. And tell all your friends, too.

Well, I guess I should have read this before I blew $80 on a "pen" that was supposed to help me run my business. I have had better luck  signing or working on documents using a cheap stylus or a finger.

Like others I assumed EN was reputable enough to check out a product before they endorsed it.

The Jot Script constantly stops working mid sentence. The palm recognition is a joke as it only works for a few seconds.

I made the dreaded mistake of throwing away my packaging so I am out the $$.  I will not do that again.

DO NOT BUY A JOT SCRIPT  !!!!

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU BUY OR LISTEN TO EVERNOTE.

• 1 month later...

I just bought the jot script new.  I started having trouble with the bluetooth disconnecting mid-word.  I thought it was the battery and changed it out about 5 times.  That has not helped.  Read somewhere to stretch the spring, that did not help.  Pretty much the product has bluetooth connectivity issues from what I am reading here.  Is adonit doing anything to fix this?  Or sorry you spent $100 better luck next time?  Are we able to send this back in.  Maybe there are just some that have connectivity issues and the rest are fine? 

I just bought the jot script new.  I started having trouble with the bluetooth disconnecting mid-word.  I thought it was the battery and changed it out about 5 times.  That has not helped.  Read somewhere to stretch the spring, that did not help.  Pretty much the product has bluetooth connectivity issues from what I am reading here.  Is adonit doing anything to fix this?  Or sorry you spent $100 better luck next time?  Are we able to send this back in.  Maybe there are just some that have connectivity issues and the rest are fine? 

There is a warranty. 

Have you contacted Evernote Marketplace Support or Adonit? That would be the first step. 

I'm shocked! I should have read this forum before purchasing the so expensive pen. It doesn't works for me either. After pairing, start writing and in the middle of the second word it just stops working!

I am so frustrated. I have replaced the battery but now I see this is a common problem!

Does anybody have heard if the company is doing something to fix this problem?

Well I dont have the connection problem in the moment. My biggest problem ist an offset that is driving me crazy when writing. I checked the different hand positions but none of them solved my propblem.

What can I do now? Is there a way to recalibrate the pen?

Until now I could not really use it (and so I cannot say anything to the battery time ;o))

I too have struggled with the offset. Some offset seems to be unavoidable, but holding the pen at an angle <90º can make it worse. You can reduce the offset slightly by holding the pen as upright as is comfortable. 

That being said, I've noticed the offset is highly variable... sometimes it is terrible (even when upright), sometimes it is practically non-existent, so your results will vary! 

On my computer I would say, the offset seems to me very stable. Is there any rule for the offsets? Maybe it would be enough to ask the user to point on some points on the screen and use this information to recalc the real position dynamically based on the screen position?

I changed the pen position but no positionn was ok for me.

So do you think it is a softwareproblem? Before the evernote pencilo I owned a passive one and had never a positioning probelm (ok therefor the evernote pen seems to be more precise).

Actually the pen is useless for me....

Adonit support is awesome, however, they unfortunatly have to deal with a product that just isn't ready.  All I really want is a stylus with a fine tip.  The palm protection stuff doesn't work at all for me, so I just use noteshelf, where it isn't an issue.  However, it disconnects a lot, powers down unexpectedly, and sometimes just registers about half of what I write, or sometimes just dots.  Also, the offset is awful when I'm in landscape mode, and makes it unusable.  I'm very disappointed, and have had it with trying to get this thing to work, so I'm asking for a refund.

Hi guys,

I've experienced all the problems mentioned so far.

Here is what I did to fix the issue with jittery connectivity/connection stability/quick shut downs:

1. Hold Jot Script upright (pointing up)
  2. With your other hand, hold onto the ribbed grip and *****/rotate counter-clockwise until tight

This seemed to fix it for me and has been pretty stable since. *****/rotating the other direction seems to loosen the connections in the pen to the stylus tip.

Hope this helps others!

Hi guys,

Here is what I did to fix the issue with jittery connectivity/connection stability/quick shut downs:

• Hold Jot Script upright (pointing up)
  • With your other hand, hold onto the ribbed grip and *****/rotate counter-clockwise until tight
This seemed to fix it for me and has been pretty stable since. *****/rotating the other direction seems to loosen the connections in the pen to the stylus tip.

Hope this helps others!

I followed your steps exactly - with no success. But I tried to figure out the problem again and for me it seems easy:

- I wrote with the pen 90 Degrees to the surfase and the point on the iPad is exactly the point I touced with the tip.

- Then I moved the pen down and the smaller the arc gets, the refernece point on the iPad is moving.

If I think, that the reference point in the stylus is not in the tip but a little bit higher, than a correction factor would be good - or the stylus should check the position arc and correct it by itself.

Btw: The corrections seems only to be necessary in the x - position. The y position is always correct in Penultimate.

Alex

• 1 month later...

Hi, I also bought the Jot Script a few weeks ago.

First to say, I use it with my iPad 3 and I have absolutly no problems with the Bluetooth connection.

But I also have issues with the offset between the Stylus tip and where the line apears on the screen with Penunltimate.

I did some tests and found out that this offset only occurs if the stylus is paired via bluetooth.

If you switch off bluetooth on the ipad, the there is no offset anymore and the writing is accurate.

But if you switch off bluetooth the automatic palm rejection in penultimate does not work anymore (but it doesn't work very well, even if the stylus is paired).

With this experiense, I tried to adjust the handpostion in the penultimate setting, but it doesn't matter what handposition I choose in the App, the offset with the paired stylus is always the same.

So the hand position setting only influences the palm rejection, but not the sylus offset.

My conclusion is, that the penultimate developer have not integrated the Adonit API very well.

Why do I think this?

I tried out GoodNotes, which is also in the Adonit compatibility list for the jot script.

With GoodNotes I have no offset, if I adjust the hand position in the settings of the app.

If I tried out different settings for the hand position and the offset changed every time, so I tried out until the offset was elininated.

It seems the GoodNotes Developers use the Adonit API in a different (more detailed) way as the Penultimate Devs.

Two more things about GoodNotes

- the automatic palm rejection works very well with a paired stylus.

- buildin handwriting recognition. Notes can be searched and converted to printed text.

The connection problems and the heavy battery drain many people experience with the Jot Script many be related to the Stylus itself.

But in my opinion the offset problems in penultimate are caused by penultimate, beacuse the Adonit API is not implemented properly.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to turn off any markings made by anything other than the Jot Script when it's connected? Even with the "wrist protection" the screen still picks up my hand and my notes are interrupted. This one feature would make the pen immensely more useful.

Would it be possible to turn off any markings made by anything other than the Jot Script when it's connected? Even with the "wrist protection" the screen still picks up my hand and my notes are interrupted. This one feature would make the pen immensely more useful.

do you use bluetooth on your Jot Script? That should improve palm rejection results a lot... at least it does in my case, but I've decided to drop Penultimate in favor of Noteshelf, as the user experience is far better.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the risk of repeating myself.

I use my Jot Script a lot and I don't have connection problems at all, but I don't use Penultimate anymore.

IMHO Penultimate has a bad implementation of the Adonit Job API.

Try an other App and I bet it will work much better. I use GoodNotes and it works really flawless.

• 3 weeks later...

When the Penultimate software was updated I was very hopeful, but this really isnt a great experience. It constantly switches off in mid word. The scrolling can randomly speed up or leap to the top left corner of the note.

I have read thru everything here and tightened everything - new batteries (which last no time!) , checked the 'ear' connecter and eased it out a bit for better connection.

Sometimes the green light stays on - sometimes not.

The worst thing for me is it is just not reliable enough to make notes with whilst on the phone or in meetings

The one thing that does seem to help sometimes is having adonit logo facing me (right handed) - bizarre I know

You would think that adonit - Penultimate and Evernote would do better and looking at the streams of disatisfaction on here I am very disappointed in Evernote. They responded so well with putting hands up and sending out new version of Penultimate quickly after the disastrous launch of dodgy version.

But they need to keep the improvement work going and COMMUNICATE with customers.

Hello EN team! I ordered jot script from EN market. Just received it a few days back. Initial experience was not good but I kept on experimenting. Now I found that it does not work as smoothly on penultimate as it does on another app.

I am getting a problem since yesterday. It is not writing on any app. It sometimes make a few strokes. I first thought it could be a tip problem. That it only registers strokes when putting at a certain angle. But additionally it disconnects automatically just after connection.

Please advise, what could be the issue?

• 1 month later...

Why do we feel better when others experience the same pain we do :-). Said to say, when my Jot Script finally arrived, after a week of following the tracking link and it never moved, it worked well. It worked well for a few uses that is. I was comparing it with the Bamboo fineline stylus. I didn't like the click in the fineline but it works far better than the Jot Script. I have had all of the problems mentioned here and am seeking a refund. Thanks for making me feel better :-(. I was hoping that I would find that there was a simple explanation to the problem (bad batch, glitch, etc.). Oh well.

Gimme my money back, sucka!

My Jot Script arrived today, and I have all the problems as previously posted. I wish I had read the posts before buying - never occurred to me that a shipping product would be so completely dysfunctional. So... working up the energy to battle for a refund... sigh...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought the Adonit Jot Script solely because it was "endorsed" by Evernote and Penultimate. The ironic thing is that the pen works better in all other apps I've tried than it does in Penultimate.  I settled on Zoom Notes, which has been the best performer by far with this pen.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with EN - it can upload to EN (as pdf files), but it can't download from EN.  OK for backing up static files, I suppose, but terrible if I want to keep things in synch and still be able to edit the files.

Another ironic thing - the limitations of this pen in Penultimate have made me use Evernote less than I used to.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

• Hold Jot Script upright (pointing up)
  • With your other hand, hold onto the ribbed grip and *****/rotate counter-clockwise until tight

Hope this helps others!

This worked for me! Basically I unscrewed the pen completely between the ribbed area and the smooth area, then re-tightened it and it has worked well since

• 5 months later...
On July 26, 2014 at 5:49 AM, nathandailo said:

Hi guys,

1. Hold Jot Script upright (pointing up)
  2. With your other hand, hold onto the ribbed grip and *****/rotate counter-clockwise until tight

Hope this helps others!

Great, it worked for me. Odd that you turn counter clockwise. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Brand new 2017  Ipad and the Evernote Jot Script is still useless.   Makes a single dot and no continuity of writing in Penultimate.   I can almost write a single word in MyScript.   Waste of $80.  Rubber nubs work much better.   

Archived