(Archived) Evernote/Skitch for Mac integration

JasperJ

Idea

So, according to everything I can find, Evernote and Skitch should integrate these days. So on two different Macs I have the latest Evernote and the latest Skitch from the Mac App Store. From what I can find I should get a context menu item and an icon for my attachments that allow me to edit them in Skitch. 

It's not coming, though. On either of my Macs. My skitch does the sync-to-skitch-notebook-in-evernote thing, but that's pretty limited. And apart from the fact that they're from the Mac App Store (and thus fairly hard sandboxed) I can't think of any reason why. Can't find anything in the preferences for either app that explains it. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

3 replies to this idea

Okay, so to test it wasn't the App Store versions being problematic, I got the direct download of both. Still no joy.

http://www.macstories.net/news/evernote-for-mac-gets-direct-skitch-integration/ says "Instead of building a new Skitch inside the Evernote app, the company chose to leverage inter-app communication to keep each app separate and unique, while avoiding the creation of duplicate files and a convoluted experience. "

However what I get is exactly what they say I shouldn't get: a Skitch-lite integrated into the Evernote app itself. It's in exactly the places it shows the Skitch integration happening, even. Rightclick or the icon.

Archived