tracking visitations to public notebook link (URL) ?

• Level 5*

Greetings,

Curious if Evernote might offer a way to track visitations to a notebook for which a public URL has been furnished?  Would this feature not bring some value to sharing a notebook?

Thanks,

Thomas

Don't know,  and they won't say.  And no,  it wouldn't necessarily add value to something I might choose to share purely with friends or colleagues.

• Level 5
Curious if Evernote might offer a way to track visitations to a notebook for which a public URL has been furnished?  Would this feature not bring some value to sharing a notebook?

Evernote does not offer this type of service.

And they do not announce what is on their roadmap for new options.

I've never shared a complete notebook, but I frequently share individual notes.

I convert the Evernote URL to a shortened URL using Google URL shortener (goo.gl)

It is informative to see how many people access them and where in the world they come from.

• Level 5

Yup.

I think it would be another good premium level (and business) feature.

A bit.ly or box.com type tracking of pages views.

I know it's a key functionality for our company when we put something up in box, to know the access details, who, when, where.

"Did you get that contract yet?  Yup, we're working through it.  Really, cause it says here you haven't viewed it yet"

"Did you get that contract yet?  No, no, did you send that already?  Maybe it's in the spam filter.  Interesting, because you seem to have viewed it a week ago, and 5 times since."

It can be a good reminder when you've forgotten to clean up and unshare things, or an interesting indicator when something has picked up interest after time has gone by because someone has blogged about it or resurrected an old forum thread.

Anyway, I don't see any way currently without EN releasing it as a feature.  As there's no embeds, one couldn't even image web bug

• 1 year later...

Ok, 1 year later... any traction on this feature?

I know others have discussed this desire to track views (analytics) of shared public pages and notebooks.

I often post public pages for my team to view.  It'd be nice to see if it's even been viewed.

Archived