(Archived) Note contents disappeared!

ME147741

Well, the title says it all. I have a account on, evernote and I use it all the time. The contents of one of the notes has disappeared. Like I can type on it and all, but I can't see it on the note, only on the side-bar thing. I do not know how it came to be like this. It happened yesterday.

Any clues? I've already sent a message to evernote about it, but I am anxious so...  <_<

Well, the title says it all. I have a account on, evernote and I use it all the time. The contents of one of the notes has disappeared. Like I can type on it and all, but I can't see it on the note, only on the side-bar thing. I do not know how it came to be like this. It happened yesterday.

Any clues? I've already sent a message to evernote about it, but I am anxious so...  <_<

I don't know what you're talking about wrt "side-bar thing". If you're using the snippet view & you mean the "snippet" column, then it sounds like you changed your text to white. Go to the body of the note, select all (ctrl-a) & change the color of the text to black.

BTW, for future reference, when you need to contact Evernote directly, do not send an email. Submit a support ticket.

• Level 5*

Click on the note, press Ctrl-A. If you can see text, it is as BNF suggested - you have changed the text to white. Interestingly, hyperlinks still show up in blue. While you have the text highlighted, go to the editing bar, and click on the down arrow to the right of the A, and select "Automatic color." Click on the text again, and you will be back reading the note as normal.

• Level 5*

Did you accidentally delete all the text? I have done that on occasion, but realized soon enough to press CTRL-Z to undo the deletion. Another vote for the ability to lock editing of notes ...

• Level 5*

This has happened for me as well more than a handful of times on different versions and for me it always had to do with manual changes to the creation date or edit date. Since I have premium I just copy pasted the text from the previous note versions. 

@ Factman:

I do not think I have deleted all the text. I have tried CTRL-Z now, but it doesn't work. What do you mean by"lock editing of notes", how do I un-edit it? 

There is a possibility that I clicked on something wrong, or pressed the wrong thing on the keyboard, but I cannot remember what happened.  -_-

• Level 5*

The only way you are going to be able to recover the note is if you are a premium member, and had synchronized the note with the EN servers before the attempt that failed. You could try asking support for help, but I doubt there is much they can do.

The ability to lock notes was something that was requested a while ago, but I am not sure how much support it got. It may not have helped you in this case, anyway. It would require you clicking a setting somewhere that would mean you couldn't edit the note until that setting had been unclicked.

Archived