Evernote losing notes

b.smith

Hi, I use basic Evernote across 3 machines: PC at home, Android mobile, and PC at work.  I entered a number of notes at work yesterday, hit the sync button and waited to see 'Synchronization Complete', and turned off the machine.  I may have had the app running on my phone at the time.  Today when I checked my home PC and didn't see the notes there, I hit sync, still nothing.  Checked my phone and the notes were missing.  Finally checked the web interface and the notes weren't there either.

1) Is it safe to say the notes are probably gone for good?

2) If it has happened to you, please let me know the details.

I'm sure the number of people that have never had a problem is huge so I'm not interested in seeing it in this thread (it will just make the thread long with nothing to say but "it's never happened to me before").  But I am curious about the folks that it did happen to and any details they can remember about it.

Hi, I use basic Evernote across 3 machines: PC at home, Android mobile, and PC at work.  I entered a number of notes at work yesterday, hit the sync button and waited to see 'Synchronization Complete', and turned off the machine.  I may have had the app running on my phone at the time.  Today when I checked my home PC and didn't see the notes there, I hit sync, still nothing.  Checked my phone and the notes were missing.  Finally checked the web interface and the notes weren't there either.

2) Has it happened to you?

I'm sure the number of people that have never had a problem is huge so I'm not interested in seeing it in this thread (it will just make the thread long with nothing to say but "it's never happened to me before").  But I am curious about the folks that it did happen to and any details they can remember about it.

You will need to check for the notes on your work computer.  When it's important to get the notes in the cloud, I normally sort all notes in list view by the sync status.  Before leaving, I confirm there are no unsync'd notes.  Sometimes, IME, if it's already in a sync cycle & you enter or modify a note, that note will not be sync'd until the next sync. 

2) Has it happened to you?

I would suggest you ask a question you only want responses to then. Posing a question & then saying you only want certain answers is not very good form.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply, and I've modified my second question.

Is there a way to prevent my work computer from synchronizing when I open Evernote on it?  Or can I back up the local copy before I open EN somehow?

The surest way to prevent a sync is to disconnect from the internet before invoking.

To backup the Windows database, copy the exb file.  (Please search the board on exb and/or backup/restore, since this has been discussed before at great length.)

Thanks for the reply, and I've modified my second question.

Is there a way to prevent my work computer from synchronizing when I open Evernote on it?  Or can I back up the local copy before I open EN somehow?

The surest way to prevent a sync is to disconnect from the internet before invoking.

To backup the Windows database, copy the exb file.  (Please search the board on exb and/or backup/restore, since this has been discussed before at great length.)

And when I search for exb and backup using google, I get a post from you.  Thanks!

Me too. I have lost a great many notes. The web clipper is a mess. It saves, the number goes up on the little elephant but notes are not saved or synched. I have started a ticket on this issue but no response as yet except to say we are sorry for the inconvenience. This is serious stuff all emanating from last web clipper update. I have nothing to offer except avoid web clipper and use the right menu button to save selection. Also no synching with blackberry BB10.2 either. Evernote's got itself into a real mess here.

• 3 months later...

Let me sign in on this one as well.

I just started on my Evernote journey, I'm finally seeing the light with EN but likewise, I'm getting dropped notes, note collisions and red exclamation marks next ot my sync button on the PC.

I'm also using my phone (Note 3), home and work PCs (or browser) and at times my Kindle.

In fact looking just know, I see a way old note I deleted two days ago with some scribbled drawing I made while playing around with the tools - frustrating, cause if I'm not careful, this way old note will be propagated back onto all my other devices again.

Kinda ruins the "Evernote Zen" which seems like a wonderful place to be in, but the syncing is just holding me back from the joy.

-Will

• Level 5*

Let me sign in on this one as well.

I just started on my Evernote journey, I'm finally seeing the light with EN but likewise, I'm getting dropped notes, note collisions and red exclamation marks next ot my sync button on the PC.

I'm also using my phone (Note 3), home and work PCs (or browser) and at times my Kindle.

In fact looking just know, I see a way old note I deleted two days ago with some scribbled drawing I made while playing around with the tools - frustrating, cause if I'm not careful, this way old note will be propagated back onto all my other devices again.

Kinda ruins the "Evernote Zen" which seems like a wonderful place to be in, but the syncing is just holding me back from the joy.

-Will

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

This sounds frustrating, but it might be a combination of factors.

I'm not sure what a dropped note is -- one that hasn't synced to the Web (a problem with the client) or one that hasn't synced to the other device (a problem with that client)?

How often are you getting the red exclamation mark? Is the Evernote service up at that time?

As for note conflicts, are you working on the same note at the same time on different clients? For example, a failure to sync (the red exclamation mark) might make for a dropped note and a note conflict all because of a poor Internet connection or attempt to connect when Evernote's servers are unavailable (rare, but there are scheduled maintenance times). One little thing could be underlying all of the issues.

Finally, where is this note you deleted? If it is in the trash, it may show up in searches but not be syncing to any other devices, so working as it should. Empty your trash to completely purge it.

• 4 weeks later...

hey i recently had this same problem. it was the second time its happening. i wrote the note on my laptop and synced. the note title showed up on my phone but when i opened it on my phone the note was blank. i went back to my laptop to sync again and this time it deleted the note from my laptop too so my laptop and phone show the title of the note but opens to a blank note. i really need the notes for a presentation but it is gone. it is not in the trash folder or anything so i doubt il ever get it back. thanks evernote for ruining my experience. 

Yep, I believe I have experienced similar to that as well.

I've also run into cases where notes I delete on one device are still shown on another device, then once they've "reappeared" there,  they're sync'd back everywhere else.

Admittedly I haven't had too many problems lately, but admittedly I don't use the PC version all that much, mostly my phone or tablet.

On the PC I'm mostly clipping articles in Chrome, so I haven't been using the PC version of EN that much.

-Will

• 2 weeks later...

I've started to see it recently too.

Couple of different scenarios:

1. Shared a note publically.  It was still accesible at the public URL, but no longer found in evernote on my mac.  So fortunately, i could copy the public content back to my notebook and recover the data.

2. Created a note in my synchronized notebook, put that note in my shortcuts tab.  a few days later, clicking on the note doesn't bring up the note in evernote on the mac, and the containing notebook doesn't show it.  The note shows on iphone evernote fortunately, so i can email myself the content.

1. Shared a note publically. It was still accesible at the public URL, but no longer found in evernote on my mac. So fortunately, i could copy the public content back to my notebook and recover the data.

2. Created a note in my synchronized notebook, put that note in my shortcuts tab. a few days later, clicking on the note doesn't bring up the note in evernote on the mac, and the containing notebook doesn't show it. The note shows on iphone evernote fortunately, so i can email myself the content.

This is really rather odd! I can't say in my several years using Evernote that I've encountered this/these particular issue(s) so I can't offer much more help than what is already posted in this and other threads about losing and recovering data, though others on this board have experienced this, they may have specific suggestions, Also I wonder if this might be two separate issues...?.

Either way I strongly encourage you to submit a support ticket if you haven't already. Data loss is very bad.

I have experience lost note, too.  But I noticed I was on page 19 of 24 notes.  How do I get to the next page of the notes?  I am hoping my lost notes are on this page.  Thanks for sharing on the web clipper.  I won't use it again.

I have experience lost note, too.  But I noticed I was on page 19 of 24 notes.  How do I get to the next page of the notes?  I am hoping my lost notes are on this page.  Thanks for sharing on the web clipper.  I won't use it again.

I'm not sure I follow. What "page" are you referring to? Evernote doesn't paginate notes or notebooks. Could you explain where you are here? How does this relate to your lost information?

And could you also explain how the web clipper is involved in this, or what the specific problem you are experiencing is with the clipper? 

I just noticed today that I have pages of notes with numbers at the bottom right hand corner.  One of my notes is missing form my notebook..  I cannot seem to locate it after I added several photographs and used the webclipper to add contnet from the web.  It happens to have important information on it. .I have not contacted Support about the problem, but I will.  I use the Evernote frequently for meetings that I have for work.  What bothers me is that I synch the information over three devises and this same page is missing from all three devises.  I may be misssing something, but I have not been able to locate it.

Great to hear! I would say at least 50% of the "lost notes" issues I see here are actually resolved by the trash! Easy enough mistake to make I think. On the desktop clients, just pressing the delete key (without the modifier of cmd or ctrl) will delete a note if you aren't in the note editor. Easy mistake to make! Thank goodness for the trash! 

As for your android Sync error... that's a puzzler. You can always check your activity log to see if it points you to a problematic note. You may want to submit that log to support too if the problem persists. 

Thanks, I will be more careful with the notes.  I tried to delete two duplicate notes.  I really like the Evernote!  It has made my life more organized.  Thanks for the suggestion on the Android "synch" problem.

1. Shared a note publically. It was still accesible at the public URL, but no longer found in evernote on my mac. So fortunately, i could copy the public content back to my notebook and recover the data.

2. Created a note in my synchronized notebook, put that note in my shortcuts tab. a few days later, clicking on the note doesn't bring up the note in evernote on the mac, and the containing notebook doesn't show it. The note shows on iphone evernote fortunately, so i can email myself the content.

This is really rather odd! I can't say in my several years using Evernote that I've encountered this/these particular issue(s) so I can't offer much more help than what is already posted in this and other threads about losing and recovering data, though others on this board have experienced this, they may have specific suggestions, Also I wonder if this might be two separate issues...?.

Either way I strongly encourage you to submit a support ticket if you haven't already. Data loss is very bad.

I did file a support ticket.  the solution was to remove the evernote local database on the mac and have it re-sync from the cloud.  This is a pretty common fix which i've been recommended to do a couple of times already in the last year or so.

• 2 months later...

I've had an issue with evernote losing all my edits within 2 weeks at a time.

here's the scenario:

1. created note on july 1st

2. Edit this note on a daily, if not more frequent, basis (daily status notes). Sync daily if not more frequently.

3. Continue doing this, and syncing across multiple devices without issue

4. july 15th, noticed that all edits between the initial sync on the 1st-14th were gone on my Mac, then notice they are gone from my iPad, and also notice they are gone from my Android phone

5. Update the same note but start with July 15th

6. Repeat #2 and #3

7. #4 repeated itself again today on July 28th, reverting the note back to the initial note creation/sync

Month's worth of lost notes  :angry:

reconsidering text files synced via dropbox, which is what I used to do before EN  -_-

any way to get those edits back?

The only thing I can think of for is to use the Note History, a premium feature, to try and see if you can recover some of that data. Keep in mind that "snapshots" of notes are taken at long intervals (about 8hrs), so it might not allow you to get back all of your lost changes, but perhaps some. 

The beta version of Evernote for Mac, and I think the stable version of Windows have all received considerable improvements to sync, so changes sync MUCH faster, almost immediately. This should really reduce problems related to poor sync etiquette on the user's part, or sync glitches on Evernote's part, which I think account for the vast majority of these losses. 

i'm pretty sure it's not user sync glitches since I used it daily on multiple devices and have been for months prior to this last month, all without issue.

i have it set to auto sync every 15 minutes on most of my devices, if not all.

cant afford the premium service. i guess i get what i pay for -_-;;

You can buy just one month of premium for $5US so you can get access to your note history for 30 days. 

Preventing Data loss is not a perk of premium, a premium user is just as likely to encounter the issue that you have. 

Another option is to restore your database from backup. If you have a backup of your hard drive you can transplant a backed up Evernote database into your current state. Search the forums for restoring from backup, there's been lots of talk and there is some guidance. 

• 3 months later...

I've experienced the same problem as hehmin above. I've got a note that keeps a history of work, which I edit every day using the web interface.

Yesterday before going home I updated the note, the little green "saved" tick goes around and finished. Come in this morning and find that all changes from yesterday afternoon have been lost.

Something's seriously broken in the web interface if it is getting a false "saved" response from the server when it actually hasn't. It should report an error if it can't sync; also, it should keep the data locally until it's successfully uploaded.

(also, I notice that now I've got two copies of the same note - both the same old version sans my edits from yesterday)

I've experienced the same problem as hehmin above. I've got a note that keeps a history of work, which I edit every day using the web interface.

Yesterday before going home I updated the note, the little green "saved" tick goes around and finished. Come in this morning and find that all changes from yesterday afternoon have been lost.

Something's seriously broken in the web interface if it is getting a false "saved" response from the server when it actually hasn't. It should report an error if it can't sync; also, it should keep the data locally until it's successfully uploaded.

(also, I notice that now I've got two copies of the same note - both the same old version sans my edits from yesterday)

Are you using the Web Beta? If so, then this sounds like a bug with the beta. 

I would highly discourage using any beta software for mission critical stuff, precisely for this reason. 

If this was not using the web beta, then I'm not sure what a solution would be, and it might also be related to a bug. Could be worth reporting to support if you have the moment to spare. 

I would highly discourage using any beta software for mission critical stuff, precisely for this reason. 

If this was not using the web beta, then I'm not sure what a solution would be, and it might also be related to a bug. Could be worth reporting to support if you have the moment to spare. 

Sorry, I didn't realise that hehmin was using the beta. No, I don't use the beta - I prefer to use stable software, and need it to be reliable.

Strange. Seems like a nasty bug either way. No reason a note shouldn't be saved rather instantaneously using the web interface, given that when using the web interface you are more or les directly working off EN's servers, so no "sync" is required (per se, and in a traditional sense). 

Well all I can say is I've only been using my phone / tablet and the desktop app (I avoid the browser app) and I haven't noticed any losses like I did in the beginning.

I had a scare yesterday, because I just bought a new Surface Pro 3 and I did something new with file attachments; I have a couple of old WinOrganizer and TreeDBNotes files that I use (less frequently now) for saving my notes and passwords etc.

I discovered instead of dropbox, I can attach those files in EverNote and when I dbl-click them, they open the file with the associated apps.  As a bonus, when I edit those files and then save them, EverNote syncs up the changes to the stored attachment!  Great stuff!

So now instead of downloading from dropbox, editing and then re-uploading again, I have an easier editing experience.

The fear came when I synced from my desktop and tried to sync on my Surface - I kept getting a client sync error (paraphrasing).  I was praying I wasn't about to lose all the new information and file attachments I had just created (due to a sync thinking that stuff had been deleted and therefore removing it from everywhere else again!)

Looking around the internet, I saw where folks with the same issue had uninstalled EN, and deleted all files out of the appdata folder - I did the same, reinstalled and the sync finally went okay (phew!  I'm thinking now that it's more about deleting all the appdata files then uninstalling the app itself - they had said it was something to do with a corrupted shared document or some such??)

Also at times the WiFi at my job is iffy, so I hope EverNote is smart enough to hold onto any unsaved changes until a sync completes successfully!

Anyway, wish me luck with editing my saved attachments moving forward!

The one thing I noticed is when a file is first drag-dropped into a note an saved, you get a nice "tile" that shows the file name and the date it was attached.  When I edit the file, the date on the attachment tile does not change to reflect the latest update?

As a request, it would be nice to have the tile update every time you edit / save the attachment.

I'm just really glad though that this is working - great stuff, EverNote team!

My remaining question on working this way is about optimization - on the Note page where I have my WinOrganizer or TreeDBNote data files, at the bottom, I have also attached the installer for the associated application.  (If I ever need to edit those files on a new computer or a machine without the associated program installed, I just dbl-click the installer attachment and I'm good to go - again, great stuff!)

I'm wondering though, one of my TreeDBNotes data files is 27 megs,  the installer on the page is 10megs.

When I'm editing the data file, I know that's pretty much a 27meg sync every time I change it.

I'm wondering, since the installer attachment is on the same page, when I save the document, does EverNote also have to reupload the 10meg installer OR is it just the 27meg data file I've edited? (Would the sync be more optimized if I keep the installer attachment separately from the data document attachments?)

-Will

• 4 weeks later...

I too have lost my entire notes on Evernote X 3 times.............even after backup, they have just disappeared from iCloud, my lap top and my phone........does anyone know of another app that can save notes ?    Will never re-enter my records for the fourth time on Evernote.......I hate the app, it has failed me miserably.

My goodness... I don't know if I've read of a more extreme case anywhere. Losing everything 3 times would be incredibly depressing. Did you ever get to the bottom of why this was happening? Personally I wouldn't have felt confident about entering precious data a 2nd time 'round. 

The MAIN note I used daily, and have been using for all of my project research for projects that would have been for the next 5 months or so is gone. I have backups running on my computer 24/7, but guess what? It doesn't matter with Evernote, because I can't assess my own backup for Evernote because the update prevented me from opening the previous version--it literally wouldn't let me open it. So, no my data is gone, and I can't access my own loss prevention security measure. No more cloud-only apps for me. I'm totally done. I wouldn't mind if I had control of my data----but that isn't how EN is set up. 

The MAIN note I used daily, and have been using for all of my project research for projects that would have been for the next 5 months or so is gone. I have backups running on my computer 24/7, but guess what? It doesn't matter with Evernote, because I can't assess my own backup for Evernote because the update prevented me from opening the previous version--it literally wouldn't let me open it. So, no my data is gone, and I can't access my own loss prevention security measure. No more cloud-only apps for me. I'm totally done. I wouldn't mind if I had control of my data----but that isn't how EN is set up. 

Forgot to mention---this was replicated on the web version, and my phone app. Also incredibly annoying is that when I open the app fresh (after a restart for example, or for the first time in a new browser, after a new install) it flashes the version of EN that I currently don't have access to--it's just choosing what is for me, the wrong version. ANYBODY else having these issues? I'm on a Mac running Yosemite, have tried the web version on Safari, Chrome, and use the iPhone app.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I entered a note into Evernote while I was offline this afternoon.  I saved the note but when I went online and got back into Evernote, the note disappeared.  I checked the trash and it wasn't in there either.  't you have any suggestions on how I might be able to retrieve it?  Thanks in advance.

Hi, I entered a note into Evernote while I was offline this afternoon.  I saved the note but when I went online and got back into Evernote, the note disappeared.  I checked the trash and it wasn't in there either.  't you have any suggestions on how I might be able to retrieve it?  Thanks in advance.

More details. What operating system, what version of the Evernote application, or was it the web? 

Sorry, I didn't realise that hehmin was using the beta. No, I don't use the beta - I prefer to use stable software, and need it to be reliable.

BTW - I was NOT using a beta

I too recently have noticed several lost notes. I am not sure how they disappeared. I work on a Mac Mini, a Mac Book Pro, and iPad and an iPhone. I entered some of the missing notes on my Mini, which is never turned off. Some were entered on my Mac Book Pro. I have had several meetings lately, and went looking for a note I specifically know I entered and it has vanished. I am searching by 2 peoples names I know are in the note.

All of my systems are set to sync every 15 minutes......should I shut down the auto-sync? 

This is very concerning to me, as Evernote is mission critical to my work. I am very interested to see if we can come to any resolution about this. 

Similar issue.  I write a note adding information on my computer and sync it making SURE it was sync'd..  Then I go to my Samsung S3 and the old note is still there without any changes.  So I sync the phone and it removes the important notes from my computer.  Pretty much DONE with Evernote.  Cannot afford to be making serious notes just to have Evernote remove the information, which has happed several times and have not been retrievable.    I have made absolutely sure I have synced the notes with new info, only to have evernote sync the old back with loss of info.  Have fun, I will be exploring a new app/service...any suggestions?

I'll reiterate what I had mentioned earlier in this thread.

I don't believe I have "lost" any notes since my initial complaint here.

Whether true or not, I feel the problems I experienced at first was due to my use of the web browser version of EverNote.

Now I ONLY use my mobile app(s) and the desktop application.  Other than the web clipper (in Chrome), I avoid opening EN using a web browser.

And since then, I haven't noticed any problems with lost notes...

-Will

Hi

I've been using Evernote since the middle of last year, and had quite a few notes pages. I've used a Chromebook so everything was online. However, my notes have disappeared. I've not used my account for a few months - is there a time period that notes get deleted if the account is not used? Also, can I recover the notes? 

Thanks for any help

• 6 months later...

Lost notebooks on Windows.

I have been using webclipper on a Windows 7 laptop with good success for more than a year. I also  input from an iPad and iPhone which has also worked very well.  Recently the web clipper has stopped working, particularly stopping at finding the list of notebooks to choose the one I want to save to.

Then I noticed that all 53 notebooks have completely disappeared from my Windows laptop  leaving no trace. They are not in the trash folder.

The notebooks all remain in the IOS environment.

Any ideas about what's going on with this?  I will appreciate a solution.

I have been using webclipper on a Windows 7 laptop with good success for more than a year. I also  input from an iPad and iPhone which has also worked very well.  Recently the web clipper has stopped working, particularly stopping at finding the list of notebooks to choose the one I want to save to.

Then I noticed that all 53 notebooks have completely disappeared from my Windows laptop  leaving no trace. They are not in the trash folder.

Are you positive that you are logged into exactly the same account on all your devices (and the Web Clipper)? Evernote has made it all-too easy to accidentally create a new account when attempting to log in if you accidentally used a secondary email to do so. 

• Level 5*

I have been using webclipper on a Windows 7 laptop with good success for more than a year. 

. . .

When strange things happen for no apparent reason, the first line of defense is always a restart of your PC.   ;)

Also, you can verify that all of your Notes and Notebooks are safely stored in the EN Cloud by viewing them using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

Hi all,

Sorted my issue of lost data. Had this issue of losing  4 days worth of Evernote notes within a single notebook. All updates were gone from all my sync platforms(android, windows, web)

All I did was search for one of the last topics I typed in my notebook and weired enough it appeared in the search results!!!

I quickly copied that into a word document!!

Anyone tried??

Hi all,

Sorted my issue of lost data. Had this issue of losing  4 days worth of Evernote notes within a single notebook. All updates were gone from all my sync platforms(android, windows, web)

All I did was search for one of the last topics I typed in my notebook and weired enough it appeared in the search results!!!

Anyone tried??

Since the notes were retrieved with search they are technically still in your account and not lost? Were you able to figure out where they were in your account? Sounds like they were just in a different notebook than you expected. You can see where in evernote a given note is stored by clicking on the information button for the note. 

Hi all,

Anyone tried??

Since the notes were retrieved with search they are technically still in your account and not lost? Were you able to figure out where they were in your account? Sounds like they were just in a different notebook than you expected. You can see where in evernote a given note is stored by clicking on the information button for the note. 

I think you are right in a way!. Before my search treatment as I have had a look on my account I noticed a status saying 'conflicting changes'. Now I can see another short version of my lost note which I did not noticed before and probably where I got the search results from. Now this is under a new notebook which I did not create and the name is conflicting changes.

Ah, okay, conflicting changes occurs when there is a sync conflict (could happen for any number of reasons), and it places the conflicting version in a newly created local notebook (on the desktop clients) for you to manually reconcile with the other version of the note. One version will usually have much less, or at least different data, from the other, because of the conflict. Because one version of the conflicting note is on a local notebook on your sector, it won't be present on any of your other devices. 

Not the most elegant way of dealing with conflicts, but it seems to generally avoid massive data lost at least! 

Regardless, really glad you've got your data back!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I lost a note, it was nowhere to be found: not in the web version, not in the Android app, not in the Windows apps (two computers), not in the Trash. I check in Conflicting Notes in my notebook and it wasn't there. I was about to give up, but then I went to my desktop computer, and checked in the Conflicting notes there: it was there! I just moved it to my notebook, synched and it appeared everywhere.

If you are missing a note and you already checked the Trash, check in Conflicting Notes on EVERY device.

I hope that helps somebody!

ok, a new twist to a missing note.

I recently upgraded my iOS on my powerbook, requiring a complete re-install of all apps, including EverNote.

Now, in the new version, the one note that I keep all my current stuff on is gone, and not in the trash.

Weirdly, this note never seemed to sync with my other devices either, although other notes did.

So, how can I find this missing note ?
Thanks!

D

I recently upgraded my iOS on my powerbook, requiring a complete re-install of all apps, including EverNote.

Now, in the new version, the one note that I keep all my current stuff on is gone, and not in the trash.

Weirdly, this note never seemed to sync with my other devices either, although other notes did.

Thanks!

D

Thanks!

D

It is possible that either the note was so large that it exceeded the note size limits and was not synced. Or it was stored on your computer on a local notebook, which are not synced. 

If the note was actually not synced, then it is likely lost, unless you can restore it from a backup of your previous computer system, such as a time machine backup. I can't find a link right this moment but there's plenty of discussion in the forum on how to restore  from backups. It's not easy but if this note is everything to you, it might be the only/best option. 

Also check the Evernote Web interface to see if the note is there, if you haven't already done that. www.evernote.com

• 9 months later...

I am currently writing my Masters dissertation and have taken all my notes in Evernote. My Windows Surface has crashed (I am told there is a problem with the hard-disk) so I logged into my account to find my notes- only to see that they are all gone. Everything. When I look on the activity log it's as though I haven't logged in since I started Evernote one month ago... which is not true. Any idea how this could have happened? It seems everything was saved only on my laptop and not to the cloud? Does anyone know if this is possible?/Is it retrievable? I thought that Evernote synced everything automatically? Perhaps I have been very naive, any light anyone could shed on the issue I would greatly appreciate it as I am not exactly tech-savvy.

• 4 months later...

- It is November of 2016 - and I have the same issue many people have had... hard to call it EVERNOTE when the note doesn't last a day.  the note was not in the trash - essecially lost.  Should be able to do smart updates based on when what was added.

The BRAND took a huge hit for me.  Using it for a few weeks now, but not sure it's worth paying for at this point - I want something that won't lose my notes.   

• 11 months later...

Same issue here.

I had a note, not very big, that I have been regularly using for almost two years.

The note content just disappeared. The note is still there, but the content is gone.

After reading some other comments and learning the only way to recover it is with a Premium account, I am now convinced this is Evernote's way to force me into a subscription.

Archived