Jump to content
Garth

windows (Archived) Synchronization Problems

Recommended Posts

I currently use a desktop (Windows 7), a laptop (windows 8.1) and a tablet (Android) With a Premium account. Synchronizing has never been a problem. Just recently I established a problem with my desktop which advises me "Sync failure due to unexpected behavior at client side" Neither the laptop, not the tablet give me the same message. Some synchronization is occurring as certain things I look for an they are there across all devices. Others that I look for are not. It appears to be random. I have uninstalled Evernote from my desktop and after reinstalling get the same problem. So not a version on my desktop anomaly? I have created another account which synchronizes perfectly across all devices so it is not a communication issue my computer to the web problem? And given the Premium membership I Would have thought not a volume transfer problem? And Evernote themselves appear not to have any suggestions as I have only computer replies generated from the helpdesk, no people yet? Any body else experienced something similar? What solutions worked?

Share this post


Link to post

Bearing in mind that all your devices sync to the server,  and the server then sends the 'latest' version of each note to the device,  you really need to check your devices with the server version to see if there are unsynced notes on one or more devices. Exit Evernote completely and export those notes to one ENEX file for each notebook involved,  since that file type doesn't restore the notebook source.  Also backup your EXB database file(s). Then delete the EXB files and restart Evernote.  Wait for the databases to repopulate from the server.  Import the notes back to the device(s) they came from and check that they get synced.

 

If that fails,  Revo uninstall the application and re-download and reinstall,  then import etc.

 

Since this is your data - think things through carefully before you take any step!

Share this post


Link to post

When I understand what you are saying I will try that??

Make a copy oaf the database resident on your device ENEX and back that up

Delete the database files resident in the EVERNOTE location on the device
Possibly even uninstall  EVRENOTE from the device too.

Reinstall and repopulate from the EVERNOTE server

Will think it through and try that tomorrow

 

But if the resync does not work all that tells is I am not in Sync with the EVERNOTE servers and then what must I do?

 

Thanks
 

 

 

 

 

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If resync doesn't work,  I'll be surprised... cross that bridge if it happens!

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

 

I had the same error some weeks ago: "Sync failure due to unexpected behavior at client side". The problem was a shared notebook.

 

My Solution:

Log in on your Desktop-Version of Evernote

- Disconnect the shared notebook.

- log out

- log in ONLINE on the Evernote-Website

- Connect the shared notebook again.

- Log out

- Log In on your Desktop-Version

- The sync-Problem was gone :-)

 

Kind regards

 

Olli

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks

 

I used a discussion solution. I signed out of Evernote, removed the database file off my desktop and then signed on again. Not finding the resident desktop file Evernote searched back to the Evernote Server and repopulated the  information database rom there . And that worked. So not sure what the problem was, it may have been a  shared noted book but problem solved. Thanks anyway

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for many usefull information.

 

But my solution of this problem is 1) Log out from my computer version of Evernote and reinstall Evernote on my android tablet (for more safety you can backup your Evernote main folder from tablet or notebook with all notes), after that 2) I run it on my tablet, and synchronized with server. 3) When i run computer version and synchronized it too all was be fine, that all.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

 

I had the same error some weeks ago: "Sync failure due to unexpected behavior at client side". The problem was a shared notebook.

 

My Solution:

Log in on your Desktop-Version of Evernote

- Disconnect the shared notebook.

- log out

- log in ONLINE on the Evernote-Website

- Connect the shared notebook again.

- Log out

- Log In on your Desktop-Version

- The sync-Problem was gone :-)

 

Kind regards

 

Olli

I had problem today with Windows desktop client being totally unresponsive and was stuck showing "synching shared notebook." I have free acct. and also on iPad, but actually do NOT have any shared notebooks or joined notebooks (what ever the correct terminology is). For first time in ages, I viewed a shared notebook yesterday but had declined to join it. Not sure this is relevant to the OP, but thought someone much more familiar with these things might be able to connect the dots here. I did start a support ticket and shared log, even though all seems to be working fine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...