Problem with Web Clipper

number8

Win7x64 Pro, SRWare Iron (Chrome)

A few minor annoyances --

Using the Evernote Web Clipper 6.0.3 add-in:

1)  The scroll bar for scrolling notebooks doesn't work.  Image here:  http://bit.ly/1aG2oRy

2)  Web page/article is scrolled to end after clipping.

3)  After activating the clipper, it opens then immediately collapses, requiring user to open it again to select notebook, add tags, etc.

• Level 5*

There are a few problems with the clipper in Chrome - you may find it more stable in another browser.. but then you wouldn't have the added functionality.  I do agree one really annoying thing - I was recently trying to document a website by adding screenshots to my notes.  As you'll know it's possible to set the clipper to do to the next page exactly what it did to the last one..  except every time I clipped with the top of the page on screen,  the clipper jumped to the bottom of the page,  took a shot and jumped back.  The second time I snapped the page all was fine.  So I found the process was - 

• clip page
  • scroll back to top
  • clip page again
  • go to next page...

-And currently I'm finding Clipper is being shy.  On some pages it appears,  on others it won't.  And I can't see what the problem is,  unless it's that I clipped that page once before and Clipper doesn't do repeats!

Anyway.  +100 for a new version please!!

@Number8

- Do you have the URL so we can test it?

- What is SRWare Iron?

The default setting for the Clipper is to start in the last action you used. So if you make screenshot 1 the next time you use the Clipper on any page it will start in screenshot and the sidebar will slide in then out (to make the screenshot). You can change this behavior in the options page. 

@Gazumped, 

Thx for the details. We're trying to nail down what causes the shy sidebar. You should be able to clip any page as many times you want. 

• 4 months later...

I would like to second the same problem. I have two issues with Evernote Web Clipper under Chrome / Windows:

1. When clipping, vertical scrollbar on the page stops working, always, all pages. No need to send particular URL. (only PageUp/PageDown works)
  2. Lately, also scroll bar for selecting notebooks from Evernote stopped working - clicking closes the selection (only arrow key up and arrow key down work).

So, it is a nice feature that PgUp/PgDown work only on the page and arrows work for notebook selector, avoids confusion, but please, could you make scroll bars or, forgive me my boldness, even scroll wheel working?

Also, there is some version confusion. Chrome webstore says I have version 6.1.1 from March 12 added to Chrome, but in Evernote Web Clipper extension settings it says Build ID:73188f8/1.0.2.250 - now how does that relate to 6.1.1 is a mystery to me :-)

• Chrome: 33.0.1750.154 m
  • Web Clipper: see above
  • Windows 8.0

Thanks!

Hi Athelas,

#1 we cannot do anything about unfortunately as the focus management of the browser vs. the web clipper is either or.

The version number is 6.1.1 we also have internal build ID's to track alpha, beta to GA builds that share the same version number. As a user the only thing you have to care about is the version number. On the settings display we only display the Build ID, I realize that can cause some confusion.

Thanks for focusing my attention to focus. This way I was able to find, that scrollwheel actually works and that effectively solves the problem. :)

#1 we cannot do anything about unfortunately as the focus management of the browser vs. the web clipper is either or.

Archived