Web Clipper not working in IE

VirginiaInMaryland

The web clipper doesn't seem to be working in Explorer.  I have Windows 7 and IE 9.  It worked as of a few days ago, but now when I click on the clipper icon, one of a couple of varieties of strange, unusable gray/black/white boxes comes up. There are some familiar words - I see my the name of my most recently used notebook, sort of ghosts of the real thing, but it's mostly gobbledygook.  If I go to Evernote web and click the icon, I see the normal web clipper box pop up.  But it doesn't work on other URLs. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling evernote and it didn't help.

Any advice?

Thank you.   

PS I tried to upload a picture of it, but it said I wasn't "permitted to upload this kind of file."

PPS - Edited to add, I added clipper to firefox, and it works, but for a number of reasons I use explorer. 

• 1 month later...

Using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 64 bit, I'm unable to use the Web Clipper. I'm also getting the unsable grey/black/white boxes, some on the top right side of the page and some on the bottom left.

If I Right click and select "Capture Web Page", the "Capture..." word appears but it hang in there, never completing.

Any help appreciated.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Sorry for that issue affecting you. I believe we have a fix in the current beta channel for the Win client. You can either wait until the next Windows client does a GA release or try the beta channel. 

To get on Windows beta channel:

Tools > Options and check the 'Update to pre-release' when available. 

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. I've just got on the beta channel but when checking for an update, I'm getting a message that there is no new updates at this time.

Also, I can confirm that the behavior I have described on my previous message is happening on certains web site and not on others...

I'll be waiting for the future updates.

Thanks again, happy new year

Pierre

• 3 weeks later...

@Serware,

Yes we can reproduce the same issue that was fixed in the last release on certain pages in IE 11. We have a fix that we are testing that should make it into the next Windows beta, once I can confirm the fix I'll post back here and you should be able to get it back to working. 

It's helpful if you can post what URLs you have observed the issue on, that will make the fix more robust since this is a CSS conflict that is triggered on certain pages.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thx Seraware, 

We have made a fix for this that will be available on Thursday in the Windows beta channel. If you go to the Evernote Windows client - Tools - Options there's a checkbox to opt in for 'Update to pre-release versions when available'. That is the fastest way to get the fix.  

Thx Seraware, 

We have made a fix for this that will be available on Thursday in the Windows beta channel. If you go to the Evernote Windows client - Tools - Options there's a checkbox to opt in for 'Update to pre-release versions when available'. That is the fastest way to get the fix.  

I'll report how behaves the fix.

Thank you.

Archived